Model Cars Magazine Forum

70.5 Z28 10.5 Outlaw (WIP....Update 7.9.13)

hOLMS

Thanks for the comments guys and the welcome back, I'll try my best to hang around. That gives me great motivation to keep moving fwd on this one.

Small update, trimmed some of the bottom of frt spoiler and added a flat 1mm thk lip across bottom...needed to do a little something here as the stk length of spoiler almost set on the ground, now it is a scale 3" off ground. That's pretty close to what I was looking for and it will be nicely blended in. I've also started scratching the grill work, albeit different from stock but will be a smoothed and rounded over look to replicate a one pc style nose.

I have still not got the motor type figured out even though I have started the blown beast, I'm realy digging some of the turbo builds and could suit this one.

Mitch P...thanks for noticing the rear wheels, the front halves are from a top fuel kit and back halves were parts box pcs. Fronts were cut right behind center pcs, squared, cut back halves to length I needed, then mated back halves and blended. Both sides of rear wheels have bead locks.

IMG_2516_zps7d61c43d.jpg

IMG_2515_zps8f3862c3.jpg

IMG_2514_zpscdb50fbe.jpg

Jeff: That's what I love about this site. Those with so much experience and innovation are ready to help those of us amateur to the hobby. Thanks!!!

Well, little bit of filling/smoothing here and there and the body is close to being wrapped up. I'm trying some white primer for the first time because I cannot find my favorite gray T235 around here anymore. I'll let that primer dry up real good before finishing the bodywork. I've got to fit up some windows and figure out what to do about the motor, I'm wanting to do a turbo....we'll see if time permits. I'm kinda thinking red or orange paint on this one, have even thought of plain ole white with black stripes!

As always, thanks for looking in and commenting!

Export705-1_zps0e8d4bd4.jpg

Export705-2_zps8ac116ea.jpg

Export705-3_zpse55a6985.jpg

• 10 months later...

Hello all...been a while yet again, last post on this one almost a year ago, was waiting on the white primer to dry, LOL.

Anyways, finally shot some color to this, Sun Yellow, first time I've painted in color in at least 6 years. It's not perfect, some slight blemishes here and there, will touch up a bit. I will probably be adding some stripes after this cures for couple weeks. Thanks for looking in.

UPDATE1_zpsa108daf7.jpg

UPDATE2_zpsd8e07580.jpg

UPDATE3_zpsdb83d978.jpg

Jeff.... this is looking great. Love you work my friend. I would say that the primer was probably dry and nice and hard by now....lol Its great to see you back building. I can't wait to see more of the Chevelle Pro Mod you were working on. You should jump in with a 1/16th scale build too ;)