Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's olds is new again! (it's cleared...)

MachinistMark

Well heres my kick at the oldsmobile can, 6" scale drop in the front, unsure hopw many in the rear, but its a signifigant drop. paint is rustoleum gloss black on the wheels/chassis and Mazda Redfire pearl effect for the body. Scratch built coil springs (1/16 inch tig rod wound around a 1/8th tungsten fits like a GLOVE in the kit spring pockets FYI..) hood has been relieve of its tim as well.

pics

post-8574-0-85377400-1350343771_thumb.jp

post-8574-0-76087500-1350343814_thumb.jp

the springs post-8574-0-53484300-1350343879_thumb.jp

Mark...Wicked color for sure, diggin this build.,...I have one on the bench, going gasser, another that will be a mild kustom, and planning a third to build the Mexican Road Race version...

As for speed parts, the tri-power manifold from the Revell Merc seems to fit ok in the "checking" that I did on mine.

One other thing, other than shorter springs, did you do anything else to lower the front end?

Thanks and cannot wait to see this one finished...

I told ya those pre clear pics didn't do the colour any justice. yes urethane clear is pretty awesome but once you mix a batch ya better use it all or be prepared to pour it out.

That paint job is fantastic! :D That is defintely not your father's Oldsmobile.

What urethane clear do you use?