Model Cars Magazine Forum

mythical hemi questions

I was thinking that if there were more than one distributor that setting the timing would be a bit of a pain and could damage the engine...but since it's only plastic I let that go. B)

Shouldn't really be a problem in non-plastic. Early Porsche Carrera OHC engines had 2 distributors, some Ferraris had 2, most small aircraft engines have 2 magnetos which have to be timed just like distributors...etc. I haven't had a problem yet. B)

Oh hey for all the talk how it could never work, Chrysler built a V-16 aircraft engine during WWII, bit it was too late to see production. I believe it flew in a P-47 prototype; the XP-47H. From an engineering standpoint, there's no reason a car-size version couldn't be built. Just imagine if they had wanted a world-class luxury car after the war.

Seriously! Who checks the firing order on a model? I built one model years ago with the firing order correct and nobody noticed! :D

I don't. Besides, that engine won't start anyway with the correct firing order of the plug wires. Next thing will be the electric seat control on the outer sides of the seat cushions. And don't forget the volume control on the steering wheel as well.