Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stock Eliminanor question.

What kind of pictures you need? Pics of '86 Monte Carlos in general or pics of some specific Monte Carlo Stocker or pics of something else? :)

Here are some pictures of Factory Stock Monte Carlo: http://www.carsforsale.com/used_cars_for_sale/1986_chevrolet_monte+carlo_211902294_6

What engine you'll be using? This will be an interesting project. B)

Are you going to build a Modern Day Stocker or an older version? And when Chevy Small Blocks look the same, it doesn't matter what SBC the pictures are from.

If you're building a modern day Stocker, I can take engine detail pics of our Chevelle for you.

Will your Monte Carlo be a SS or just the regular "Base Model"? And when you decide what engine and transmission you'll be using (Automatic or Manual), I can tell you the class that the car runs in.

You might be hard pressed to find what you are looking for. I did an extensive search online and throughout my own research archives and could find almost nothing for this subject matter. Ironically what I did find is that during this time period it appears that the preferred GM based stock/super stock body style used was the 86/87 Olds., which there is tons of data to find for this body style. Good luck in your search.

Super Stock rules require that the engine be factory original same year as body with the exception of accepted heads, manifold and carb. The carb must match the original stock one. NHRA has an Engine Blueprint page for each car eligible for Stock or Super Stock competition, I can find the Monte Carlo for you if you want.

Super Stock GT allows you to use any engine ever built as long as it's from the same maker as the body. You could put a new LS out of a Corvette in that Monte Carlo in SS/GT. Someone did that with a '55.

Dale

Yep, I'll take some detail pics tomorrow of our Chevelle. :)

I like building these Stockers as scale models. They are a lot simpler than Pro Mods or other Doorslammers, but still these need some extra work, and some of those things are something that everyone can't see, but it's nice to know that "I did it right". :D

But when moving to Super Stock, the cars need a lot more modifications. Super Stockers are very cool, though, especially the fast SS/GT cars that Dale mentioned. I've seen Harri Hassinen's SS/BM Chevy Camaro when it was in progress and of course running in the strip as well, and those SS/GT cars are really a lot more complicated than regular Super Stockers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TPGWbw5mS8

To build the 86 Monte Stocker, build it straight from the kit, add headers, a driveshaft loop within 18" scale inches from the trans tail shaft, a pair of 9"x30" slicks. Do NOT use the TPI included with the kit but the Q-Jet carb. You can scratch build an electric water pump, a 6 or 8 point cage and there you have it. If you felt ambitious, you could also scratch a deep sump trans pan .....

Alan

Nope, those are too wide .... Use the 9"x30" that came in the Lindberg 64 Dodge kits, I like the AMT 2 pc. black plastic ones that came in the Old Pro 72 Nova, 58 Impala, just to name a couple ...... here is a pic of them on my stocker Olds

post-1213-0-16946200-1391989667_thumb.jp

post-1213-0-64313000-1391989698_thumb.jp

post-1213-0-96591100-1391989712_thumb.jp

Edited by Alan

For headers I've used solder, and it works fine. I'll try to scratchbuild ones for Grumpy's Toy Nova from plastic tube, but I don't know if I'm going to make it or not...

Today I was taking a couple of pictures. It's highly possible that I've forgot to take pics of some parts, but here is something.

Electric water pump. The second pic shows how lower water hose connects on it.

DSCN0330.jpg

DSCN0331.jpg

Ignition Coil. I have never seen these in 1/25 scale. I've only seen Accel coils, that I think are older versions than this one.

DSCN0336.jpg

With the electric water pump, the Alternator Belt is really simple:

DSCN0337.jpg

Wilwood Brake Master Cylinder with Line Lock setup.

DSCN0338.jpg

A Close up shot of the Line Lock.

DSCN0339.jpg

And here is the Line Lock Button on the shifter (The red one).

DSCN0340.jpg

The gas tank is mostly in the trunk, but a part of it comes through the floor. The next part is Allstar Performance Fuel Filter, and then there is Holley Fuel Pump.

DSCN0341.jpg

all40216_1_3.jpg

hly-12-802-1.jpg