Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 Cuda, all aluminum hemi

vintagedragfan

Mad skills. I love this thing. It's art in raw metal. I would be hesitant to want to paint it. I would leave it as is to showcase the craftsmanship. Absolutely amazing.

ya Doc, I do not plan on painting it, I wouldn't dream of painting my 1:1 aluminum hemi if I had one! lol thank you Doc, really does mean alot!

Bill,

Thanks for your reply. I just can't get over the fact of the scale that you are working in. The mill work on such a small object is unimaginable.

A camara does not make the photographer, and a mill does not make a tool maker. It's the work they make. I have seen some of the best tool makers in my industry work in some very bad conditions.

Europeans have scratchbuilt in larger scale, that are world famous. Your work on this engine in 1/25 scale on this side of the pond, is to a new

level.

Much continued success.

Ron

Edited by eferrari

Bill,

Thanks for your reply. I just can't get over the fact of the scale that you are working in. The mill work on such a small object is unimaginable.

A camara does not make the photographer, and a mill does not make a tool maker. It's the work they make. I have seen some of the best tool makers in my industry work in some very bad conditions.

Europeans have scratchbuilt in larger scale, that are world famous. Your work on this engine in 1/25 scale on this side of the pond, is to a new

level.

Much continued success.

Ron

hey Ron, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to do this project because of it's size, it is actually 1/24 scale which is as you know a tiny bit bigger than 25th, that does help me a little, I really apreciate the very kind words!

Ok... So where & when do you want my deposit? Or do you want the full amount up front?? I'm serious!!! This is the most amazingly detailed Hemi I've ever seen & being a Mopar guy, without the tools or talent to make 1 of these myself, I got NO problem buying 1 someone else has made.

Seriously, I'm speechless... Don't have a clue what else to say about this, that other guys haven't already said... :-|

I do hope you consider casting the whole lot... Just add my name to the bulging list of Pre-orders :-)

Keep up the fantastic work mate!

Cheers Dan

lol Danny I wouldn't know what to charge for something like this, I have about 6 weeks (or so) in this one engine! and still have quite a bit left to (try) and make, the intake is going to be pretty tough I'm thinkin, I have been working on the headers and turbos, geez what a pain! trying to keep all of this under the stock hood is a bit challenging, I should have some update pics soon, thank you very much!

hey Ron, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to do this project because of it's size, it is actually 1/24 scale which is as you know a tiny bit bigger than 25th, that does help me a little, I really apreciate the very kind words!

what a wimp!

Man up and do it in 1:26 scale

Bill... Holy Smokes... I need to pick my jaw up off the floor. man this is killer work and craftmanship. Nice work.... oh I got my new model car magazine today and saw an add for the next one and looks like you 1/16 FED jas an article on it. Cant wait to see that issue. congrats man.

Bill... Holy Smokes... I need to pick my jaw up off the floor. man this is killer work and craftmanship. Nice work.... oh I got my new model car magazine today and saw an add for the next one and looks like you 1/16 FED jas an article on it. Cant wait to see that issue. congrats man.

thanks for looking in on it Chris, I am pretty stoked about the article, thats for sure, who hasn't built a model as a kid and dreamed of that? lol its goin to be cool to see it i there! appreciate it bro!