Model Cars Magazine Forum

Porsche Lovers, cool re-releases on the way!

Hey Porsche lovers, I had heard a while ago that Revell Germany was going to release a Porsche 956 C. I now see that it is going to be in Jagermeister livery! Pretty cool, huh?

In addition, Tamiya is going to be kind enough to re-release the Martini 935 in 1/12 scale! I have always wanted one of those personally. They won't be cheap, but less than the "collector" prices.

For any F1 fans out there besides me, the Ferrari F2007 is being released in 1/24 scale by RoG. Tamiya is re-releasing the 1/12 Lotus 78, with photo-etch of course.

Not to go off on a tangent, but the recent releases of the last few years have made me dispel any gloom and doom thoughts that I had in this hobby. That doesn't mean I won't still complain about stuff!

Later,

Greg

Hey Porsche lovers, I had heard a while ago that Revell Germany was going to release a Porsche 956 C. I now see that it is going to be in Jagermeister livery! Pretty cool, huh?

In addition, Tamiya is going to be kind enough to re-release the Martini 935 in 1/12 scale! I have always wanted one of those personally. They won't be cheap, but less than the "collector" prices.

For any F1 fans out there besides me, the Ferrari F2007 is being released in 1/24 scale by RoG. Tamiya is re-releasing the 1/12 Lotus 78, with photo-etch of course.

Not to go off on a tangent, but the recent releases of the last few years have made me dispel any gloom and doom thoughts that I had in this hobby. That doesn't mean I won't still complain about stuff!

Later,

Greg

The Revell Porsche IIRC is a reissue of the Hasegawa 962C kit with different decals. I think there had been a lot of discussion about it, but I think in the end you'd be better off with a Tamiya 956 and a set of decals.

That's cool. I am glad I got my big series Porsche when I did becasue I got em cheap. :D On sale $49.99

Well Cal, I'd pay $50.00 all day for the Tamiya 1/12 Porsches. I do agree that the Tamiya 956 is a better kit, but any release of cars in this genre are welcome to me. As for me, the Jagermeister cars are ones I would like, as I have the Tamiya Rothmans, Canon, and Newman cars. The Hasegawa/RoG Sauber C9 was welcome to me too, even though I have a couple of the Tamiyas. The RoG is an '88 vs Tamiya's '89, however. Regardless, the new releases seem to all come with excellent cartograph decals. Seeing as for only ten more dollars over a set of S27 decals, I get the whole thing, I'll take it!

Anyways, the glass is half FULL.

Greg

Well Cal, I'd pay $50.00 all day for the Tamiya 1/12 Porsches. I do agree that the Tamiya 956 is a better kit, but any release of cars in this genre are welcome to me. As for me, the Jagermeister cars are ones I would like, as I have the Tamiya Rothmans, Canon, and Newman cars. The Hasegawa/RoG Sauber C9 was welcome to me too, even though I have a couple of the Tamiyas. The RoG is an '88 vs Tamiya's '89, however. Regardless, the new releases seem to all come with excellent cartograph decals. Seeing as for only ten more dollars over a set of S27 decals, I get the whole thing, I'll take it!

Anyways, the glass is half FULL.

Greg

I agree, I will probably get one just because it's a Porsche and snatch up anything Porsche I can. :)

BTW I don't think Hasegawa ever did an actual 956, but I think they have sold there 962 as a 956 in the past.

Cal, that wouldn't surprise me, I remember hearing that Wave sold a reboxed Tamiya 956 as 962! My jaw is still on the floor, $49.99?!!! I also saw that RoG was going to have a Ferrari 348. Hasegewa too, you think? I wonder what else RoG will dig up in the Hasegawa tool vault? Hmm? Some of their Mazda endurance racers would be nice! If Hase would just release some more of their F1 stuff! Enough dreaming....

$49.99!!!!

Later,

Greg

Like I don't have a full closet!

Cal, that wouldn't surprise me, I remember hearing that Wave sold a reboxed Tamiya 956 as 962! My jaw is still on the floor, $49.99?!!! I also saw that RoG was going to have a Ferrari 348. Hasegewa too, you think? I wonder what else RoG will dig up in the Hasegawa tool vault? Hmm? Some of their Mazda endurance racers would be nice! If Hase would just release some more of their F1 stuff! Enough dreaming....

$49.99!!!!

Later,

Greg

Like I don't have a full closet!

Yeah that was in about 95 the store couldn't move them and blew them out so I grab them.

I will have to look next time I am at the LHS. They have a jillion Ferrari kits.

I would love a 935, but 1/12 ehhh, DANG! ;):)

AND has the best paint scheme to ever grace a race car.

It's a sweet kit.

Now I just need the $500 Scale Motorsports update, which is even cooler.

It's a sweet kit.

Now I just need the $500 Scale Motorsports update, which is even cooler.

I've got the 1/12 Jagermeister Porsche kit too.............got mine off the 'Bay for around $75 or so a few years back. In fact it already came with another engine that was built, so I could use that one to display next to the car if and when I ever build it! :(

I sure wish I could afford that $500 Scale Motorsports detail set! :o

I've got the 1/12 Jagermeister Porsche kit too.............got mine off the 'Bay for around $75 or so a few years back. In fact it already came with another engine that was built, so I could use that one to display next to the car if and when I ever build it! :(

I sure wish I could afford that $500 Scale Motorsports detail set! :o

Me too, there was only a handfull left last time I checked.

I am sure when I have 5 bills to blow on a model update it will be $1000.00

• 4 weeks later...

Revell's AG 956, is more probably the Ex Protar Rothmans version 1/24 kit of the 80's with new Jagermeister decals. not a bad kit, but Tamiya's 956 is a bit better.............can't go wrong with Tamiya's 935 1/12 kit, still, after nearly 30 years, the best 935 all plastic kit ever :rolleyes:

Revell's AG 956, is more probably the Ex Protar Rothmans version 1/24 kit of the 80's with new Jagermeister decals. not a bad kit, but Tamiya's 956 is a bit better.............can't go wrong with Tamiya's 935 1/12 kit, still, after nearly 30 years, the best 935 all plastic kit ever ;)

I suspect it's the Hase 962.

Hey guys; I'm with you! My LHS just called me yesterday; there are several of the Tamiya 935 repops waiting for me at the store....which is good....I can add them to the stack I already have. The new kits are the P/E version....so that helps.. I can say if you can get the P/E set by SMS; it is worth EVERY penny it costs, as it adds so much dimension to an already great kit.....I spent months mastering the K2 body parts; but the 1st set of molds were a bust; so I have re-engineered the front clip into 3 pieces for easier casting; along with all of the parts to upgrade the engine to twin turbo spec (935/78), with the intercooler that can be mounted forward or aft (as in the moby dick cars)...as well as a new set of fuchs alloy wheel centers for the 934 kits. I will be doing several build ups this fall; as well as finishing up the k3 body parts masters, which will allow builders to take these kits to kremer 935/80 spec.....matt

Edited by monkeyclaw