Model Cars Magazine Forum

2 hole budds

Many years ago (early to mid 90's) in another magazine's "truck stop" column there was a resin round-up of the available 2 hole Budd wheels. I recall that the best wheel at the time came from a "Ben's model parts." I can not find anything as to what happened to this caster over the years, just wondered if anyone knew of the fate of these wheels? did the molds go to someone else or are they lost forever?

Hi, I'm the Ben your refering too. I no longer cast the parts myself but Jamie Rahmoeller casts all the parts I have mastered over the years. The two holes he offers now are much, much better than those in that magazine. There has been many more styles made since then as well such as five holes, ten holes, all wheels in two sizes. I handle all the ordering and shipping for Jamie so if your interested in anything, please email me and I'll send you a list of available parts.

Edited by Ben

SAE did a review of after market wheels. I have that issue somewhere deep in my archives. Actually Ben is a frequent poster on this board when he is not have dreams about the up coming Moebius Reefer trailer model. Ben's wheels were 1/25th scale, at least the ones I have and are about 10 years old. I have them all set for the reefer trailer. He will read this thread and chime in soon!

Well that was easier than I ever expected it would be! The wheels featured in the magazine looked by far head and shoulders above the rest, I can't even imagine how they could be done any better but I will take your word on that. Any contact info you could provide would be great, thanks Ben.

Not to steal this thread but had an idea for moebius models. What of they were to make just a set of the 2 hole budds one set for trailers and one set for trucks. No tires just the wheels. It would be easier for us to get ahold of them .I know I have scads of projects just screaming for those wheels.

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I have been working on 3D printed stuff and also came up with wheels and tires. They look really nice and detailed. Th first photo are wheels with the ones from Revell as an example. They were used in the race trailers and are 34mm in diameter.

IMG_9406-vi.jpg

The next photo's are wheels I have drawn for a mate who wanted super single wheels for his dump truck. The first photo's are from the front wheels, the tandem are for the rear.

IMG_9449-vi.jpg

IMG_9450-vi.jpg

IMG_9451-vi.jpg

IMG_9454-vi.jpg

With the right info I am able to make any wheel you would like. Prices are quite all right. Difference is the weight. These wheels weigh almost nothing.

Hessel

• 4 months later...