Model Cars Magazine Forum

Introductions long over due

My name is Larry but for simplification I will sign my posts as L3. I had established that name as a student to submit my art works with a major in Photography and Art. you can see samples of those works by google l3arts and likely the first photostream will have my real name all over it.

I have made no posts and don't consider myself very skilled with online interactions. In fact it was the encouragement of my closest online friend Ted Bowe of Ted's Model Marketplace to sign up (already had been and forgot???) and introduce not only myself but a build that will be introduced very soon for this forum and those interested in 1/16 scale Pro Mod race cars. I'm not new at building just new in large scale as it is called (same thing just bigger). I will keep mention of cost out of the construction but to say here and now it is more expensive than 1/25 scale. I have run aground on some parts for my build...Terry of Flashpoint Motor Sports is not offering some parts for 1/16 scale any longer...and like any persons in this hobby if it must be done it must be made so I will venture into yet another aspect of this hobby...molding and casting parts...I need front runner front tires for my wheels purchased from my most favorite machinist and parts provider we all know him Jim of Micro Nitro. More on tire casting at a later time. While I'm gathering and making parts for my build I will come online to follow others of choice (sorry, but I stick with cars of interest and don't venture astray) I may ask for advice even help when I get in over my head with parts or casting (never done that before) and in general hope you like my offerings as much as I have enjoyed some builds I have seen on this forum you know the ones (XKE Jag Pro Mod, Army Vega fc, and I cannot leave out the 57 Chevy turbo Pro Mod...all very nice builds...Oh before I forget...I have never been very good with forums like a person going to a dance, but don't know how to dance...it leaves me lurking in the background with two left feet when I try to get on the floor. That it

L3

Edited by LarryT

I thank all of you for the warm welcome...much nicer than the temperature outside right now at 4:47 AM (just been home from work and I'm tired) Now that the introduction has been completed I will spend some time to see what's going on and likely open the start of the new build with some parts I have and already made preparation to the parts without being online or photographing during the process...Like I said learning to dance is awkward. See you in the Pro Mod section where the build will be presented...L3