Model Cars Magazine Forum

Italeri multipiece truck cabs, assembly question

I'm building my first Italeri truck kit, and am wondering about their multipiece cabs. Can I assemble the shell completely so I can paint it without the interior like I do every other kit I've built, or do I have to build it around the interior?

The kit I am doing now is the Freightliner FLC if it matters, but I also have the Ford LTL to do down the road.

Thanks

Edited by Aaronw

what I do with most of there cabs is build around the floor pan. Placing 2 drops on each side and a full bead along the cab seams,let dry,fill and sand seams. Then using a xato blade running between the pan and walls with care and pop out. paint what need be and replace floor.

thats the only think I don't like about those kits.

What I tend to do with the Italeri U.S trucks is to build the cab, minus the back panel, then slide in the interior though the opening, then fix in the back panel, this has worked on the one you are building and the Peterbilt 377 A/E, European trucks can be a bit trickier ... hope this helps

I'm quite impressed with the kit overall so far, but what a pain with the cab.

Thanks for the tips, it sounds like it is mostly a case of the interior supporting the outside. It could be worse, the interior could be bigger than the assembled opening of the cab.

the worse problem whit this kits are the windows to place them ,becouse the dash has very little space if you put him compleet in the the cab

and what geoff said the backpanel as last but also fit it first before the panel comes [dont forget the top sealing inside]

first thing i do is the bottomfloor whit the seats dryfit in the cab so you know if its fit properly,once i have make the cab complete and paint and from the bottom the floor inside very tricky becouse the panels on the doors make it small

hope its helps now i am just finishd whit the cab of a peterbilt at least 50 time,s dry fitt before the glue came on

jacobus

I'm getting ready to start this kit, too; and was wondering about the cab assembly. Thanks as well.

You mean like an AMT kit?

I've only run into that problem with the 1950 Chevy. Not run across that with any of the big rig kits, but I've only built a few so far.