Model Cars Magazine Forum

Freightliner FLC Hood

What year did Freightliner switch from Stem mounted headlights like on the Peterbilt 359's to the fiberglass

moulded into the fender design. I for the life of me can't remember if one my last Roseway Freightliners trucks

had them or not, I seem to recall my last newer one I had did but not sure.

Thanks

Tom

What year did Freightliner switch from Stem mounted headlights like on the Peterbilt 359's to the fiberglass

moulded into the fender design. I for the life of me can't remember if one my last Roseway Freightliners trucks

had them or not, I seem to recall my last newer one I had did but not sure.

Thanks

Tom

Tom I think it was some where in 1985 Freightliner started to change the headlights......I still love the Peterbilt style the best.

I'm not for sure but I'd say somewhere in the early 80s. If I remember correctly, the FLC Revell is reissuing (1:32 snap with reefer) is from maybe 1980 or 1981 and it has the stem style lights and I drove a 1984 that was identical to Italeri's FLC kit with the molded in fender mounted lights.

I know the first one I had there was the stem style for sure. New guys always get old trucks. But I seem to recall that my second one was considerably newer and would have been an 85 or 86. Then after that I had a 359 Pete then a 378 then a 377. The last two were brand new.

Thanks

Tom