Model Cars Magazine Forum

I completed this earlier this year. One of my favourite Grand Prix cars of all time. Its the basic Tamiya kit with the detail set from Thunder Valley. I removed the stock rear springs and wound my own. Brakes are plumbed, engine is wired and all instruments are wired. Thanks for looking.

lotusdone4.jpg

lotus25done3.jpg

lotus25done2.jpg

Looks great!

I have the same kit, and wonder upon wonders it's missing a part from the factory. It only has 7 of the original intake trumpets. Where can I get a set of those metal ones? I was about to start the kit a couple years back and gave up when I saw the part was missing, and I had bought it long before I was going to build it.

Looks great!

I have the same kit, and wonder upon wonders it's missing a part from the factory. It only has 7 of the original intake trumpets. Where can I get a set of those metal ones? I was about to start the kit a couple years back and gave up when I saw the part was missing, and I had bought it long before I was going to build it.

Bob. You can get the aluminum trumpets from Thunder Valley (http://www.thundervalleyusa.com/pg8.htm) as part of their detail set. Quite frankly, I don't think the set is worth it. The parts are cast from the original Tamiya parts so are no more realistic than what's already there. In addition, many of the parts (disc brakes, cam covers, steering wheel and wheels) have to be painted anyway, so the advantages of metal parts disappear. There are no PE parts included. If you just want the trumpet, PM me with your address and I'll send you the missing piece.