Model Cars Magazine Forum

New .... A Photo Etch Set From Johan Models

Just in time for the holidays is a nice little present that the Postman brought me. It's a photo etch set designed for the Johan 55-56 Pontiac's and similar models. Introductory priced at a modest $8.00, it's packed with all kinds of little goodies including Canadian and Coach Builder scripts. I like that they are mounted on a rubber backing as all you need is a drop of paint thinner or acetone to remove them. I noticed that the scripts are packed a little tight so some careful trimming will be in order.

Picture001-vi.jpg

I scanned a copy of the instructions so you can get an idea of what's included.

PEsheet-vi.jpg

And here's an enlarged photo of the actual P-E sheet. The only issues I noted, and Okey told me about this before I ordered them is that the speaker hole detail was lost on item #1 and the trunk/tail gate emblems #14 & 15 don't have the raised detail they should. Personally I'm so happy to see the Superior Coach scripts on there that it's not an issue with me. The instruction sheet also comes with all kinds of reference photos. Scans of those are in one of my Fotki albums at this link. Johan 55-56 P-E reference

Picture002-vi.jpg

And here's a couple of in progress models I have lined up to use some of these nice P-E scripts.

Picture010-vi.jpg

DSCN0496-vi.jpg

In fact I have enough projects to use these on that going to order a couple of more sheets. Kudos to Okey at Johan Models for making these !!!

-Steve