Model Cars Magazine Forum

I'll be across the street at the LaQuinta- it's what I could get.

To finish my project- if I can't get another PT locally to raid the headlight lens from, I did see there were a couple of hobby shops on Rt. 23, both not far from the hotels. Anyone familiar with them have any preference?

Charlie Larkin

Tom and everyone from Tri-State Scale Model Club,

Have a fantastic event this weekend!!

We're confident it will be bigger, better, and even more memorable than ever, but we want you to know we wish you well!

{And, thank you for your support of Desert Scale Classic.}

~Danno~

Cactus Car Modelers

I'm at the hotel with a friend of mine who's not a builder, but whose girlfriend is on Long Island, so he'll be going to see her tomorrow. Getting here was interesting, coming from 287, Rt. 23 seems to magically disappear, Rt. 46 and a road trying to force me onto I-80 appeared, but I managed to find my way back, taking a back-roads tour of Wayne in the process.

Just need to get my bearings to dinner, and I'll see as many of you tonight as possible.

Charlie Larkin

Great show… Great friends…. Great time. As I was walking out I dropped a few bucks on a resin Phantom `69 GTX 2dr. wagon and 4 bottles of paint. Spoke with Dave Metzler from Mobius about the upcoming `65 Plymouth Satellite announced today, along with a Hudson coupe. Test shots of the new Ford trucks were on hand too. Nice guy, nice product. Hope to see the new tools by the end of the year hopefully.

Awesome show as usual by Tom & the Tri-State crew. Thank you!!!

Image1-vi.jpg

Image12-vi.jpg

Image11-vi.jpg

For real ?

For real…. here's a crumpled flyer I had stuffed in my bag. Dave was explaining that the tool masters will be done by a German design company known for high-end die-cast work (he mentioned a Ferrari Die-Cast costing in excess of sensible money…) so the level of detailing should be promising. I'm sure Dave will explain in detail. I'm going from memory of a brief conversation, but yes. SURPRISE!!!! We're getting another `65 Satellite kit.

Ummm… interesting choice. :huh:

Image3-vi.jpg

Image13-vi.jpg