Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 Cuda, all aluminum hemi

vintagedragfan

Dirk called me earlier and referred me to this build, and I have to say Bill, this is some fantastic craftsmanship. Great machine work, and I can't wait to see more of the brass chassis.

hi Mike, it's quite an honor for you to say such compliments, after seeing the work you have put in the Mitsubishi, and the parts you have done for Dirk, this stuff I am doing is chicken scratch!! lol but I am having fun learning as I go, I have all ways enjoyed fabricating, so I thought I would try my hand at this, MAN this stuff is soooo tiny!! thanks again MIke, really do appreciate it!

Bill this looks great, What about adjustable A-arms for the upper and lower? This lets you move the tabe a little more to where you want it to be instead of having a big boss going across the frame and making things real tight?

Chas, I did think about moving the tabs, but I'm afraid the arms will end up being way too short, so I figured I would see what I could come up with using a strut type suspension, thanks for the in put!!

The chassis work is looking excellent, Bill!

I sure could use some help with it Dirk, ever been to Missouri? :D thanks man!

The brass work is looking good, Bill, but I sure like looking at that front end shot of the motor.

SWEET !

thanks Alyn, this stuff is a pain! it may end up looking like that permanently if I don't start figuring some thing out!!

Edited by vintagedragfan

Looks great BIll, The bar running from the firewall, You could lower the front of it so it has more of an angle that will place the top of the strut with the top of the wheel and might give you some more clearance.

sup Joe? the bar running from the fire wall can't be lowered due to the wheel hit's it when you turn it, I been kicking around a single loop straight up from the frame, instead of running it ti the fire wall, similar to your chassis, thanks for the in put, if you think of any thing else let me know!

Bill this is looking Awesome.... still cant get over that engine bro...

its going to be a sloooow process until I figure out what I'm gonna do, thanks bro!!

Hi, just signed up to this forum and read this thread from start to finish. WOW, that is some seriously amazing work!

hi David, welcome to the jungle, appreciate the comments!!

Hi Bill, Just getting caught up with this build! Those wheels are pure art :):) The frame is looking great. Very nice soldering.

Really looking forward to your progress!!

Randy

hey Randy, having a hard time figuring out exactly what I want to do, I guess I'll get there eventually, thanks so much my friend!!

Beautiful work, can't wait to see more.

thank you Ray!

I would say "unbelievable" if I wasn't seeing it with my own eyes! Just fantastic work. Been a lot of fun watching the progress. After seeing the picture of your vertical mill, it occurs to me that I may have some accessories that would go with it and maybe make it a little easier than just "freehanding it". I'll take some pictures of what I've got and send em to you. Let me know if your interested when you get the pics. You really do some fantastic work!

Chris

Edited by Webb

I would say "unbelievable" if I wasn't seeing it with my own eyes! Just fantastic work. Been a lot of fun watching the progress. After seeing the picture of your vertical mill, it occurs to me that I may have some accessories that would go with it and maybe make it a little easier than just "freehanding it". I'll take some pictures of what I've got and send em to you. Let me know if your interested when you get the pics. You really do some fantastic work!

Chris

Chris thanks so much for every thing !! really do appreciate it!

With that awesome and modern engine also one-off frame, you could try something new as a Pro-touring or something. G-force Cuda is a great inspiration to body for example.

Sorry for my comment but I can't resist!!

hi Cesar, no worries, the G Force Cuda has been an inspiration, that thing is trick!!! it's just that I'm old school lol, I am still a huge quarter mile fan and I have all ways loved all that meat tucked under the rear of a car, so hopefully this will turn out half as good as the G Force! thanks