Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

Well, technically i saw these on the 4th... three Corvair Monza convertibles driving down I-57 caravan-style. I can't remember the last time I saw a Corvair on the road. Also saw a Lamborghini Diablo on the way home... in the lane right next to me. Bright yellow. And a Tesla... first one I have ever seen in real life. A beautiful car!

And just this morning on the road, a '66 or '67 Charger (can't tell from seeing just the outside). Again... what a beautiful car! B)

Passed a 1968 Chevelle Malibu two door hardtop on I-81 south in the Chambersburg, PA area yesterday. It was VERY clean with not a spot of rust on it, although I thought the front end sat up a bit high. It was a nice shade of red with a black interior, and nary a bit of smoke was coming out of the tailpipe. I wish I could've taken a pic, but I'm not good at that sort of thing while trying to drive.

Yeah, it's been a long while Harry since I've seen a Corvair running down the road. It's funny how time will change the landscape of cars on the road. When I was a kid, those things were EVERYWHERE! :D

• Like 1

There is a red 1968 GTO, i see on a pretty regular basis. Last week I saw a blue 1968 Camaro, I see it out every so often

But I had this one out for a little drive yesterday does that count.

Customers car ,,he is coming in next week to drive it the 5 hours home.

10462865_746305395428514_767822696955661

"Feel it in your Olfactory!"

Was going down I-70 in mid- MO Friday, headed East. In the West-bound lanes there comes a caravan of Manx-style VW buggies (which I love), six or seven of them. All sparkling metalflake and chrome, all different colors, like motorized candy. Would have loved to met up with them at a truck stop somewhere.

Dale

Saw my first Tesla sedan on the road a couple of weeks ago. I'm not a big fan of modern cars. But, I liked the looks of the Tesla. Very nice looking car.

Scott

Seen one about a week ago as well

Got a Tesla charging station in my neighborhood. Funny, don't see too many cars though!

Not really when you take into consideration how much they cost , the S model starts at $69,900, and can go as high as $93,400

A newish Bentley convertible parked in front of the restaurant in Buckhead where a friend works. Also a Bentley Continental coupe being accelerated hard (!!), on the way back from Buckhead. New Jag XJ (and I had absolutely no clue as to what it was, assumed it was a Maserati until I saw the kitty on the boot), and a Maserati Quattroporte.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

living in California I bet I have the greatest assortment of kool metal driving by every day. this morning going to have coffee in walnut grove California, saw at least 2 32 Ford rods, a number of vintage BMW and Mercedes cars at their usual spot, the exotic auto mechanic (this is in a town of about 300 people mind you), plus about 150 loudazz motorcycles of various description of hardly worthitson.

today was a quiet day. no California Mille nor major exotic car runs that I saw. but I was only out for a couple hours. most weeks there are lines of everything from miatas to vettes to pt cruisers to maseratis out here, one place or another.

I have often thought about trying to take and post photos of just what runs around here, on a normal and consistent basis. that's not even including the various locals cars like one guys what appears to be 40 Ford flatbed pickup, that has gone through many changes in the past decade. Yesterday I saw a midnight blue Willys coupe, sounded totally raced out, that was really nice. just another car going down the river road...

I could probably make a post a week that would blow many people away, especially if you didn't live in car-saturated California. rat rods, hot rods, custom cruisers, lowriders, exotics, both new and vintage, and certainly plenty of motorcycles of all descriptions.

jb

That's cool. I wish you could have snapped a photo of the Corvair's . I had a 67 Monza several years ago and it was a pretty cool little car.

Ray:

Modelhaus is now offering a resin kit of a '67 Corvair 4-door. I bought one; it's really nice.

I saw a dead skunk in the middle of the road stinking to high heaven :D

Passed a deer in not much better of shape (looked fresh) on my way home from work tonight.

Other than that, a new Tesla I haven't seen before, a couple SRT Jeeps, a G8, and some late model Camaros, that's it.

Seen one about a week ago as well

Not really when you take into consideration how much they cost , the S model starts at $69,900, and can go as high as $93,400

Depends on where you're at, I've seen several around work, but considering the wealth around that area, it's not a shock. Kinda surprised that there aren't more using that Supercharger station could be that they do have a good range, even with the little battery for any of the more locally owned cars that charge at home.

Oh boy, living here in Crown Point, there is a ton of gear-heads running around in all kinds of cool cars! Just today I saw a '70 ? something Mach 1 'Stang...grabber green. Just caught it at a glance as I was making a turn.

I probably see a few more Teslas than the usual person - I work a block and a half from the DC dealership. Every time I see one, I think it's a Jaguar at first, then I look closer.

Don't bet on the coolest assortment of kool metal out in CA, jbwelda. DC has a pretty good selection, too. Most people don't build 'em though. They buy them, mostly high end cars.

Joe Handley, I saw a commercial charging station in the mall closest to me recently. I don't know how much it costs or any details about it; it just surprised me it was there.

I can't believe that in a metro area of 9 million people, I saw a Tesla on the road for the first time only the other day.

Or at least, it's the first one that I saw and actually recognized. I may have seen others but they didn't register... they look like many other luxury cars at a glance.

I can't believe that in a metro area of 9 million people, I saw a Tesla on the road for the first time only the other day.

Or at least, it's the first one that I saw and actually recognized. I may have seen others but they didn't register... they look like many other luxury cars at a glance.

Kinda surprised by that too Harry, I've seen quite a few around here.......maybe you should stop by the store more often ( :P ) since I seem to have had the majority of my sightings running too or from work! I Have found that they do look a but Audi-ish from the back, but the front of them is very distinctive once you know what you're looking at and the sides aren't much less so than the nose. I do think the roofline is cleaner than the Panamera and Rapide 4dr hatches.

"Joe Handley, I saw a commercial charging station in the mall closest to me recently. I don't know how much it costs or any details about it; it just surprised me it was there."

I know some malls are starting to install them, not sure if they're free for shopping at the mall or if you have to pay to use them though, I was kinda surprised to find that they're almost more prolific around here that gas stations that sell E85 as well.