Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scheffer "Flamethrower" Magneto

I have several examples of this item but am unsure how to wire them. A friend of mine said it is like a regular magneto with a cover that slips over the whole, wires and all. Is that correct and what do the rectangular items on the sides of these represent? I build gassers and your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 months later...

been a long time since I've seen one of those 'old' mags...er magnetos, but tha square thingies are where tha wires to tha plugs come out, I think....has been 25/30 yrs.

Horemheb,

zebm1 is correct. The ports on the sides usually have 4 holes or divots, which need to be drilled out to accept the plug wire, 4 on each side. Don't drill right through because you'll never keep the drill going straight enough to match up on the other side and ruin the whole mess. The four on the one side go to one bank of cylinders and the other four go.... well, you get the idea. The direction is already supposed to be designed into Mag itself.

By the way guys, I need the both of you to post your real names in the signature box found in the Profile section of this board. Please!!! 'Cause we want to know who you are...

We also want to set a good example for the new guys. Thanks!

8)