Model Cars Magazine Forum

Surprised...

Hi Guys,

While at the IPMS Orlando show this weekend, I had a chance to speak with one of the Mobeius reps. He said surprisingly that the Prostar was a very slow selling product! He added that the Lonestar was a good mover for them, which surprised him, as you see very few on the road. I thanked him for all their hard work aimed towards us truck and automotive builders. He did add that they have many products ready for production, but must wait for the manufacturing facilities overseas to actually produce and ship the finished kits. Picked up my first Prostar and am waiting for "Cargostar" Dave to release his Prostar day cab!

David

I'm surprised as well. There's not many in progress on here yet. I better get one as well. I've already bought and built 2 lonestars. One out of the box and the second as a t904 kenworth with an auslowe conversion kit.

Hi Guys,

While at the IPMS Orlando show this weekend, I had a chance to speak with one of the Mobeius reps. He said surprisingly that the Prostar was a very slow selling product! He added that the Lonestar was a good mover for them, which surprised him, as you see very few on the road. I thanked him for all their hard work aimed towards us truck and automotive builders. He did add that they have many products ready for production, but must wait for the manufacturing facilities overseas to actually produce and ship the finished kits. Picked up my first Prostar and am waiting for "Cargostar" Dave to release his Prostar day cab!

Any hints given for future truck releases from moebius?

It seems to be a bad time for model kit purchases right now! Kits that mormally sell for 100.00 on Ebay aren't even getting 40.00! I have a bunch of kits on Ebay with really low starting bids and no reserve and I haven't even had a bid on some of them.

It seems to be a bad time for model kit purchases right now! Kits that mormally sell for 100.00 on Ebay aren't even getting 40.00! I have a bunch of kits on Ebay with really low starting bids and no reserve and I haven't even had a bid on some of them.

I've noticed some are sitting as well. Rare stuff like the ertl 4070a move and there is an amtm1/32 ford ltl 9000 that has already been bidded on.

Ben

I spoke to Frank as well. Actually speak to him alot. He told me the same thing about the prostar. But I think that will pick up as there are more seen built. Also the europeans don't seem to be as interested in the Prostar. I actually agree with them. I prefer the Lonestar. But I was also told there is something in the pipe line that we are all going to be very very happy about. I did buy 1 more prostar and 2 more lonestars at the IPMS Orlando Show.

so far I have 3 built lonestars
Standard
Wrecker
Tri Axle

Still have to build
2 more RG Lonestars
2 more Moebius Lonestars
2 Moebius Prostars.

I spoke to Frank as well. Actually speak to him alot. He told me the same thing about the prostar. But I think that will pick up as there are more seen built. Also the europeans don't seem to be as interested in the Prostar. I actually agree with them. I prefer the Lonestar. But I was also told there is something in the pipe line that we are all going to be very very happy about. I did buy 1 more prostar and 2 more lonestars at the IPMS Orlando Show.

Standard

Wrecker

Tri Axle

Still have to build

2 more RG Lonestars

2 more Moebius Lonestars

2 Moebius Prostars.

Always good to see guys like you (and me) buying these kits two and three at a time. Helps keep truck modelling alive!

Standard

Wrecker

Tri Axle

Still have to build

2 more RG Lonestars

2 more Moebius Lonestars

2 Moebius Prostars.

So, did he hint what was in the pipeline? I hope it's a Mack.

Ben

Not surprised. I would expect the Lonestar to sell more than the Prostar. There are few true truck model builders, at least in the US. In my estimation, the Lonestar sold more because in many car model builder's minds it is looks like a 1930's whatever car that can be modified into some weird hot rod or used as a back drop to some race car hauler. Basically used with some type of race car.

The Prostar is not a chromed-up tractor, like your typical Pete or KW. When you see them on the roads, they are generally fleet prime movers. Not very glamors.

I hope Moebius continues to offer new big rig truck subjects in the future, but...

When money allows I try to. If you have a chance to attend a show Moebius is at bring extra money they are always selling damage box kits for much less then retail

True this. Moebius was in Atlanta earlier this year at a model event and they had some kits for good prices. But finding Moebius kits for reasonable prices on the net is not difficult.

Very good price for this prostar! Here in Slovakia (middle of Europe) costs Prostar but from revell about 55 - 60 Euros! Each of Amt big rig kit costs from 35 -40 euros but for revell or italeri big rig kits it is the same price, that it advantage for production of Europe producers. 3months ago I buyed KW T900 Australia sealed for 32 euros (1euro = 1,25 usd aprox.) And it is very good price.

Moebius kits have excellent value, Good detail, well defined castings. For the price, they're difficult to beat. I have 2 Prostars, 2 Lonestars,1 Great Dane,1 daycab for a Lonestar.and 2 phot etch kits for them, too. Honing my skills before building one of these jewels though. It really is too bad the Pro is a slow seller, that's one of the better looking modern trucks out there. Not enough chrome on them I guess. But then again, when you have a product that doesn't move as quckly as others, you find out why and try correcting with something else. In my day, you had all kinds of car and truck models at almost every store similar to Walmart. AMT, MPC(annuals, remember those?) and Revell had it real good in those days! But try that today, if you're lucky, you might find a Revell Camaro or Corvette, some Testors glue and not much else. I know kids aren't into this as much as we were, but then again,we didn't have as many video games as they do today. But I wish I could buy a kit up front once in a while, instead of ordering everything over the internet. Anyway, I hope they don't give up on big rigs! Mack Titan, anyone?

Edited by BigBad

Yes. I agree. Gret dane from moebius costs here also about 55-60 euros. But for good price we have PE parts from CTM because Czech republic is our neighbour.... now I buyed a PE parts for Prostar. Follow will PE parts for chassis for Prostar. Now guys from CTM work on it...