Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cobra Funny Car Updated 6- 17

Next up will be a meld of these 3 kits. I plan to use the funnycar chassis and motor ect. but extend the front end using part of the rail dragster frame. The Cobra body will then hopefully mated to the chassis. The idea came from a drawing in the last magazine. It shows the idea of building this but with a Gremlin body. I thought it looked cool so I'm going to try to do something along those lines but with a different body. Still need to unwrap a couple of the kits and try to mock it up to see if it will work. Thanks for looking !

gt63andcobradragster003_zpsb2ab15c5.jpg

gt63andcobradragster004_zps78f3ac66.jpg

Edited by cobraman

Ray........very interested in this build........I have the Lomka Gremlin drawing on my workbench.......I will be building a replica of the Gremlin drag car drawing.......I think it is really cool........i`m glad you are doing the Cobra version.........I wouldn`t want to step on your shoes.

I did a minor mock up just to see how things will line up. Not too far off from where I wanted it to be and I think I can massage the difference. I think this will work without using the rail frame to make it longer. This build will need a lot of work but I think it will be cool when finished. Won't get real deep into this build till I can wrap up the GT6 I am working on. Thanks for looking.

ebayandcobradrag2006_zpsc19b08af.jpg

This is going to be really cool build! I like how the body looks on that frame, and that Gremlin is pretty cool also. Maybe moving the engine a bit backwards would make it look even better? But then again, it's not bad like that either.

This is going to be really cool build! I like how the body looks on that frame, and that Gremlin is pretty cool also. Maybe moving the engine a bit backwards would make it look even better? But then again, it's not bad like that either.

Thanks. I think it would look better if I moved the engine back but I want to use the front wheel wells as the exit for the exhaust so that will pretty much dictate the engine placement.

Looking at where the body sits aligned to the axle it'll come back a touch, but I agree if it could come back more. It may look kool with the engine out front like it is, not sure!!!! Looks kool on the frame though, can't wait to see it with some slicks under it!!!!!

Thanks. I think it would look better if I moved the engine back but I want to use the front wheel wells as the exit for the exhaust so that will pretty much dictate the engine placement.

Oh yeah, that is a good point, too! I can't wait to see this one, the Headers will look killer when they are coming out of the wheel wells. Keep up the good work.