Model Cars Magazine Forum

Corvette C6 Revell

Mauricio Meyer

Amazing build. How do you paint the tiny detail like panel lines and "corvette" letters AFTER you've done the main colour??

Hi Troy!

The panel lines are painted with a flat black "wash": its more or less a drop of black acrylic flat paint and 8 drops of thinner. Once you have your wash mixed apply with a pointed brush, the wash must run throught the panel lines, don´t worry if the wash runs out of the panel line. Some times you have to do this two or three times, depending how deep you want the color.

When the wash is dry remove the excess with a q tip with a little polishing compund (i use tamiya fine compound).

Corvette letters where made:

1. Semi gloss black tamiya acrylic paint.

2. Coat of Ts-13 clear thorugh the airbrush to protect black paint.

3. Another "wash", this time made with red oleum artist paint and spirit.

Apply the red wash, since oleum paints dries in two or three days you have plenty of time to remove excess, in fact it's even easier to do this the next day because the paint is like jelly, again with a q tip this time sunked in spirit, or threbentine remove excess carefully (you don,t want to remove all the paint =)). I chose olium paint because the pigment covers much better that the acrylics wich are a bit transparent. For me the result is better.

Hope this helps! =)

Len, Tom, thanks for your interest and comments!

Edited by Mauricio Meyer

Hi everybody, A few updates,

Finished engine bay:
BAHIA_zps37b1452a.jpg
BAHIA2_zps9fd85721.jpg

Painting orange the edge of the lights cover, in order to hide cement bubbles:

BISEL_zps68fe39b9.jpg

Micromark punch hole set used to make tiny transparent circles:

PUNCHHOLE_zpsdaa0f32b.jpg

It can make circles from 6mm to 1mm aprox:
LENTEMUESTRA_zps99804c05.jpg

The little circles were glued inside the lights to achieve a more realistic finish:

LENTES_zps5a736cb1.jpg

I started scratch bulding the seat belts locks:
CINTURON_zps086ffe91.jpg

I've never seen that flocking used, question: How do you make the stuff stick to the plastic?

Hi Douglas!

I use white glue with a little water, brush it on the surface and add the flocking. Here a very nice tutorial by Alex Kustov, shure he explain it better than i do!

http://www.italianhorses.net/Tutorials/Flocking/flocking.htm

Hi Douglas!

I use white glue with a little water, brush it on the surface and add the flocking. Here a very nice tutorial by Alex Kustov, shure he explain it better than i do!

http://www.italianhorses.net/Tutorials/Flocking/flocking.htm

Actually your explanation makes perfect sense to me. I used a similar technique to lay down felt carpet in a van model and a station wagon model back in the late 70's. I think I remember mixing the white glue with Testors tube cement.

• 2 weeks later...