Model Cars Magazine Forum

Twist67 and oldstyle

Chris and Uwe,

Rather than write the same things on all your truck topics I thought I would combine all my comments in one new topic.

OUTSTANDING!!

Great ideas, superb builds, great skills and above all wonderful trucks. If the trucks were photographed outside with your diorama these would look real.

There,s something about the older trucks that really appeals to me. I don't know if its the fact that the older trucks had to be driven? The drivers were highly skilled in the old days, life was much harder then. No "Hocus Pocus" electronics to keep breaking down. Maybe its just the pure nostalgia the world seemed a better place back then. Your trucks are like looking at an old photograph and capture a differant world long since gone.

I will certainly be looking out for your next builds.

Good Luck!

Edited by Old Albion

There isn't much more I can add to what Dave said. Beautiful work on your builds, gentlemen. I too look forward to your next projects.

As far as nostalgia, the company I drive for has a restored late-fifties Mack and 32ft round-nose trailer that they drive in parades, car shows, and what not. It has two shifters, a steering wheel the size of a quarry truck wheel, no power steering, and a primitive braking system. I couldn't imagine trying to wheel that badboy around on a daily basis in addition to pedaling the boxes in the back. We do have it easier with power everything, cruise control, and consistent climate control in the cab (I remember the R model Mack I drove, hot in the summer, cold in the winter :) ). I do like the time period it represents and wish at times things were like that again. Plus, that Mack would look just killer sitting in my driveway :-).

Cheers,

Albert

Edited by Albert Moore

These 2 trucks are very nice. They showcase each builders talents well. probably my favorite part is the weathering, as it is realistic, and makes you think you're looking at a truck that works every day, without the overkill. I love this type of weathering.

Overall, I give these trucks an A+. I like the idea of building them for the same fleet, too. Nice job, gentlemen. They represent a time in trucking that I never got to experience, but I love the trucks of the 60's and 70's.

Hi there,

A big thanks for the compliments to our trucks.We both love those "oldstyle big rigs,too.We never had driven a truck but I think those pieces represents a very interesting time period in trucking...As you said today it seems to be much easier to drive a truck with all those "little" electronic helps and the other things....We don´t know how trucks will look in future but we know that we still want to build those old rigs....

We both often meet together and sitting together talking about plastik and planing new projects.Because my Pete is finished now,we just talked about a new project....again two trucks,same livery and decals,same manufacturer but every truck with it´s own style and details...I´m getting better in this Decalprinting stuff from day to day and so it make a lot more fun tosearch the net for new ideas.Mostly we spent a lot of time on hanks truckpictures....lol we both think we don´t have enough time to built all the things we´ve seen..........

So again thank you for the kind words.You all are great modelbuilders here on this board and we are very happy to share our models with you and could learn from your skills,tips and ideas.

Cheers,Uwe and Chris

Hi All

there isn,t much more i can add to what Chris Said...........

again thank you for the kind words.You all are great modelbuilders here on this board and we are very happy to share our models with you and could learn from your skills,tips and ideas

i,m Happy to be HERE with You :D:huh::)

Uwe