Model Cars Magazine Forum

Project 442

Greg Busby

I will be embarking on a 1000 hour build I call this project Project 442 it will be the most authentic representation of a actual Olds 442 no detail will be over looked no stone un turned the paint it self will take 3 weeks a lot of detail masters parts will be used 80% of detail masters catolog on this build period specific for this project. It will be a fun project though

Big 442 fan here, so I'll be watching this with interest. Given the high standards you've announced, you've

basically made yourself a target for Nitpickers Inc. to try to call you out on every detail. You'll generally find that option documentation & correct engine and inner fender colors should ward the majority of them off.

I'm going to be building the Lindberg '67 442, but I'll be relying on Google pics of unrestored cars as a primary info source, since I've seen supposedly "correctly restored" 442s with errors that could've only come from someone settling for "good enough".

The Corvette Forum that I belong to has a whole Factory Correct Restoration section for the Bloomington Gold hardcores, so I wouldn't be surprised to learn there were dedicated 442 internet forums that might be helpful as well.

Best of luck with this project!

Edited by Monty

Just out of curiosity, where does the 1000 hour time frame come from?

I have built models that I have invested over 1000 hours in, but until they are finished I have no idea how long any project will actually take.

Same thing with the paint. Just wondering how you know how long these tasks will take?

And good luck!

• 2 months later...