Model Cars Magazine Forum

WORK BENCH SATURDAYS!!

Jared Roach

Some of you are way too tidy and organized!  I'm usually good at not losing parts, despite the black hole an inch away on all sides.  I'm using a homemade wood jig for the first time.  I'm also using the hot-wire more, instead of a swap or blade.

IMG_0405_Fotor.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well It's not Saturday, but here is my new hobby room and bench. Not completely organized yet, getting there.

Haven't even used my spray booth in this space yet, or even worked out how to vent it so far.

Did take it all apart and give it a good cleaning though.  Due to the Flu and a Mid Century floor too ceiling lamp

restoration, haven't been able to spend much time in it lately. There is a small project happening on that granite slab.?

DSC01363.jpg

DSC01360.jpg

DSC01362.jpg

DSC01357.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Modlbldr said:

Tonight's bench session. Working again on the 57 wagon. Going to do some foil work and see if I can't scratchbuilt a vintage thermos for the front seat. Got my Gin and tonic handy.

Later-

IMG_20191228_210435342.jpg

From the looks of your air cleaner this must not be your first gin and tonic. 

?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Bench is pretty clean right now on account of me being on call for the past month and working quite a bit. It's not good for hobbies but it's good for the paycheck I suppose. Nothing really being worked on but one lonely Eddie Hill dragster. I'm sort of taking liberties and having fun with it and not really worrying about authenticity on this one. My intention is to build a spray booth tomorrow that's going to sit over on the left side and then vent out the window.

IMG_20200620_181242.jpg

IMG_20200620_180902.jpg

21 hours ago, Paintandwrenches said:

Bench is pretty clean right now on account of me being on call for the past month and working quite a bit. It's not good for hobbies but it's good for the paycheck I suppose. Nothing really being worked on but one lonely Eddie Hill dragster. I'm sort of taking liberties and having fun with it and not really worrying about authenticity on this one. My intention is to build a spray booth tomorrow that's going to sit over on the left side and then vent out the window.

IMG_20200620_181242.jpg

IMG_20200620_180902.jpg

Nice workbench dont ask about mine. 10 feet long but only a foot to build.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They're taking over......

Looks almost normal as you enter-

The workbench is pretty typical-

But then you see it-

It's taken over the floor!

But- there is SOME order in chaos!

Stash, and more stash-

Built models-

Part of the junk yard-

A little reference material never hurts-

That's all for now!

Oops! Charlie, our boycat, A.K.A. Charlie Kool Kitty, practicing to be a hood ornament!

room entry.jpg

the bench.jpg

more overflow.jpg

more floor storage.jpg

stash 2.jpg

stash 3.jpg

built models.jpg

junk yard.jpg

reference material.jpg

Charlie 2.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

A day late but I'm posting my "new" workshop and workbench.

Still lots of organizing to do but I'm happy to finally have a single place to work.

I'll be able to get back to my Club DeMer for the Cannonball Run now.

My workshop.jpg

Edited by MeatMan

Early this winter I have finally completed (well mostly, need some trim work yet) a dedicated work space. This was an unfinished room above the garage with only a few sheets of plywood on the floor and one light and no heat.  I built the desk from reclaimed cabinet parts and wood lying around. Just finished building/installing cabinets. Still more to do but a dedicated work space is so awesome. 

E21B3D5E-6926-4A98-BA3F-BFBFBC2F184F.jpeg

466A1144-7388-48CA-BAEF-A0A5F51CF00B.jpeg

2C6ADC63-8614-4AE0-A242-07E7306CCE13.jpeg

28D3D796-5E10-4824-A8F1-11DE49FC1905.jpeg

• Like 1