Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show your 1957 Bel Airs!

'08SEAL

• 2 weeks later...

Well guys, my favorite make is Ford, but I like some Chevrolets too, specially the '57, and we have some seriouslly handsome models of it here.

Like I also love four door cars, I really dig Alan Wickham's brown '57 four door. What a coll conversion job!!!

I wish I had the skill to do that kind of conversion job on a Monogram 1/12 Bal Air, and make all four doors do open.

These are pictures of a 1957 Chevy Custom Car. It is based on the AMT/Ertl Boyd Coddington American Hot Rods release. I liked their look so I used the custom parts from the kit and also pancaked the hood and hinged it from the front. It is painted with Varsity White primer, Krylon Gold lacquer, Black Gold candy red lacquer and topped off with Tamiya clear lacquer. The interior is a flat white, and is detailed with Bare Metal foil and paint. I installed the Revell parts pack chrome 283 engine, topped with an aluminum air cleaner from the old Ala Kart kit. I used Pegasus disk brakes and the big and little mag wheels from the Pro Modeler 1959 Corvette kit.

IMGP0617-vi.jpg

Enjoy!

This is a picture of my 1957 Chevy "stealth" machine. I started with a 1957 Chevy 150 resin kit from Time Machine Resin and used an AMT/Ertl plastic kit as a donor. The car features a "down in front" stance with wheels and tires from the Revell 1957 Chevy Bel Air snap kit. The Goodyear tire decals are from a NASCAR race car kit. The engine is an LS series small block with the 6-speed from the 35th anniversary Camaro. I painted the body, trim and wheels with Rustoleum Black Night Metallic spray paint for the "stealth" look. The clear coat is airbrushed Future. The chassis is "stealth" painted with Krylon Black Textured Shimmer spray paint. The interior is from the Time Machine resin kit with Ken's Fuzzy Fur carpet and is paint detailed.

PICT1469-vi.jpg

Enjoy!