Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pro Star and 53 ft Great Dane reefer

Dave,

What else can I say that is Positive that hasn't already been said? Thank you to you and your colleagues for believing in the truck market today! I see at least one new tanker on my fire department's roster. Perhaps two - a straight tanker AND a tractor drawn(pulling a Revell Beal Chrome tanker) :D.

I can't wait to walk into my LHS, and the model man grab the truck from behind the counter! That feeling of seein the celophane wrapped box for the first time is priceless! He always orders 2, one for the shelf, and the other for me!

Here are some shots of the new Moebius ProStar Mock-up

Yes it has LoneStar badges on the door - we'll fix that. The cab on the mock-up may be a modified LoneStar piece..

I think that the front bumper is an older version and may need some tweaking. Newest bumper is three pieces and has slightly different appearance.

I don't have the mock-up in my hands - we'll probably fix a couple things before it gets sent over for a final hands on review.

It looks alot like a ProStar to me.

IMG0366-M.jpg

Hope to have mock-up revised and in my hands by early April

Dave

I know, I know there are some people's hair I'm going to make stand on end by mentioning this...and yes I understand it's a mock-up, and not in anyway reflective of the final product...buuuuuuut....

What you have attached to the front of that truck appears to be an interesting amalgamation of the older bumper and the newer one. The top picture is my personal truck I drove, it was a 2010, the lower was one of the trucks we got right before I left to take a local position with another company. It appears you have the correct shape and proportions for the 2013 bumper, with the inset/indents for the old bumper.

3484604703_bc4269a003_b.jpg

5858648462_b405cda567_b.jpg

The other thing that stands up and screams at me is the fact the grill (it may just be the angle of the photograph) needs less grill and more grill surround. It appears too tall and doesn't seem to swoop down like the 1:1. Again that may simply be the angle, and the fact that it's hard to distinguish the separation of parts in gray primer combined with the franken-truck nature of the prototype. Stuff you're probably aware of already, but I spent hundreds of thousands of miles behind the wheel of one of these, and it's near and dear to my heart. This is the kit I always hoped Moebius would do when the announced the LoneStar.

Edited by niteowl7710

Our new ProStar is a 15L Maxx Force powered version it is 125 inches BBC while non 15L versions are 122BBC - the hood, bumper and grille of the 15L powered ProStar are all different from the earlier ProStars in your photos.The grille of the 15L truck is wider than the earlier one. Also the angle of the photo of the mock-up may not be the best. Hood and grille of the mock-up should follow CAD files for real pieces from Navistar..The older two piece Bumper on the Mock-up is not right - but the last set of 3D files that I have from the factory for this piece show the newer 3 piece bumper

Here are some Photos of two 125BBC 15L ProStars - The Black truck has the older 2 piece bumper the Yellow one has new 3 piece bumper Also please notice the small filler panel between the front edge of doors and rear edge of hood - that small filler panel represents the 3 inch difference between 122 and 125 inch BBC dimension and is the easiest way to tell that you're looking at a 15L ProStar.

DSC07037-M.jpg

DSC07035-M.jpg

DSC07038-M.jpg

IMG3369-M.jpg

IMG9536a-M.jpg

IMG9535a-M.jpg

Edited by Dave Metzner

• 2 weeks later...

HI Kostas,

I do not have the ProStar in hand yet. the photos are of the tooling mock-up which is still at the factory.

I anticipate that the mock-up will be sent to me within the next week or two - for final approval by the licensor once a few minor corrections are made to it.

Once the licensor has seen it and approved it - it goes back to the factory to be used as a tooling reference..

I may be able to get some shots of the trailer with the Mock-up while I haveit.

I do not anticipate having test shots until perhaps the end of May

Dave

HI Kostas,

I do not have the ProStar in hand yet. the photos are of the tooling mock-up which is still at the factory.

I anticipate that the mock-up will be sent to me within the next week or two - for final approval by the licensor once a few minor corrections are made to it.

Once the licensor has seen it and approved it - it goes back to the factory to be used as a tooling reference..

I may be able to get some shots of the trailer with the Mock-up while I haveit.

I do not anticipate having test shots until perhaps the end of May

Dave

Thank you for your reply Dave.

Kostas.