Model Cars Magazine Forum

Help locate a stolen Model from Goodguys Hershey Pa

This happened to someone on another forum about a year ago. It baffles me what kind of :!: :!: :!: :!: would have the "stones" to take someone elses build, much less when others are around packing up their stuff. I hope you get the build back.

i two stolen out of a hobby shop display case a few years ago. the idiot actually left the hood, door and trunk of one of the cars in the case. guy who runs the shop told me that they never leave the case unlocked. i walked over and opened the door to the case.. the lock wasnt even there.

Thanks for looking. The model recently one a master award at a Hobbytown contest and with some vigilance we will recover it. I talked with the owner he was more than understanding. I'll just say it's because of his line of work that he was able to keep his cool. I swiped the photo from Mike cole's fotki site I'm sure Mike won't mind. I'm pretty upset abd I'm sure you would be if it was your model or you were the show coordinator. More later

i two stolen out of a hobby shop display case a few years ago. the idiot actually left the hood, door and trunk of one of the cars in the case. guy who runs the shop told me that they never leave the case unlocked. i walked over and opened the door to the case.. the lock wasnt even there.

West Point Hobbies?

I have put this on my website, and offered a reward for it's return i hope it helps. http://www.eastcoastcarnews.com/index.html

COOL! i was going to do that too, but i need to know who owned it and all that jazz so i can get ahold of that person if it comes up. i am not offering a reward though , i am not that rich. :cry:

www.thedpmcc.com

My spider sense tells me this was probably not taken by a model builder. Hence, the odds of seeing it recovered by a sharp-eyed model contest attendee or participant are kind of slim. The Goodguys crew needs to post it on their web site. And eBay might be a good place to monitor, too.

Full size vehicles have been stolen from shows...why not a model? This was just a heck of a lot easier. And it certainly speaks volumes about the character of the shlub who took it. Decorum prevents the use of the epithets that first come to mind.

COOL! i was going to do that too, but i need to know who owned it and all that jazz so i can get ahold of that person if it comes up. i am not offering a reward though , i am not that rich

check with Vince in the original thread maybe on P.S.A.B. at night , he's got the skinney on this model...

check with Vince in the original thread maybe on P.S.A.B. at night , he's got the skinney on this model...

Vince Putt? i know him from DPMCC chats, but i don't go to PSAB. everytime i go there the room is empty lol

thanks though, i might catch him on yahoo messenger.

i want to let you know the reward is up to $100 now. Anthony Rios and myself have added another $25 each to the person who gets this returned. the more i think about it and the more people that i let know, the more we want to see this car returned and the guy who took it have what is deserved.

something else to consider. Minidreams aka Dave made a good point on another forum about this...here it is...

"Once I was shoeing up in CHI TOWN at the American Toy and Hobby expo and looked over and thought a model of mine was missing ! I saw the case but not the car ! I started to look around and then notice an guy holding it up ! I ran over there and was started to ask what the deal was ! He said he was moving it to another class ! He was being honest and moved it ! He moved the car frist then the case ! HE told me it was safer for him to move it 1 peice at a time over tring to be steady and move the display as 1 peice ! Well I guess a few more got moved that way also and at the end of the day there were a few builders looking for there kits !

SO could this be what happen ? Maybe it got left behind ! At the KC SLAMMER show that is here in june if a kit is not off the tables by 5 pm they take them and they go to the president of the club and he tracks down the owner and they will pay shipping to return the kit !

I would take a look at the table it was displayed at ! More than likely if it was snatch up it would have been by a builder that was displayed close enough they could grab it up and put it away then cover it up with there own builds ! "

this also has happened to me, but still....ya never know? other models have come up missing too at other shows.

Mike doesn't mind at all. A note has been added to the photo so anyone who sees it in the album will know it's been stolen.

Hey, a stolen photo to go with the stolen car! Keep it in the vein, I like it. Two wrongs don't make a right, but two Wrights make an airplane!

Bob