Model Cars Magazine Forum

Help locate a stolen Model from Goodguys Hershey Pa

• 2 weeks later...

here is an update. i still don't know who built it originally, so i am just posting what i was able to find out.......

page 58 of the Model Cars contest annual Issue 121. If this is your car it says the builder is Monty Lowans. The show is the Southern Nationals, November 13 th 2006.

I meet the gentleman that built the model he came by my office and gave me numerous photos of the build up. It's not the gentleman you spoke of.

i would like to see the page in the magazine, someone else sent me that info. i really wish i knew the name of the person who built it, since it would help me find more info. if in fact the name in the magazine is not the builders, then we can get that much closer i suppose.

The car in the contest issue is definitely similar in style but it IS a different model. It's also pictured in show coverage from 4 months before the model in question was stolen. Definitely not the same car.

The car in the contest issue is definitely similar in style but it IS a different model. It's also pictured in show coverage from 4 months before the model in question was stolen. Definitely not the same car.

ok thanks. i was wondering because of the dates ? lol

The owner of the model came by my office and dropped off some additional pictures of the model that was stolen from the event. Some of them are in process building pictures and the quality may not be very good. I hope that you will look them over and keep it's images for reference. A note on the site shows my contact info. Here's the link

http://public.fotki.com/VincePutt/help-locate-a-stole/

StolenModelFromGoodguysShowInHersheyPaContactVin.jpg

Just finished up the GoodGuys event here in Colorado and we had no problems. I spent the whole weekend watching the cars like a hawk!! I was thinking...someone said to advertise in the GoodGuys flyers. I think that is a good idea. Mabe get something in the website as well??? You may be able to plead with some of the "Hot Rod" type magazines to run a free ad? I sure do hope that it is recovered. :cry: KT

The owner of the model came by my office and dropped off some additional pictures of the model that was stolen from the event. Some of them are in process building pictures and the quality may not be very good. I hope that you will look them over and keep it's images for reference. A note on the site shows my contact info. Here's the link

http://public.fotki.com/VincePutt/help-locate-a-stole/

StolenModelFromGoodguysShowInHersheyPaContactVin.jpg

thanks, i can't save the pics though they are protected?