Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Chopper Build Off

Dear readers, this is an open invitation for all modelers to join us in a Nationwide Biker build off. Gregg and I will each start our own threads demonstrating our progress until done. We hope to have many bikes done by the NNL West.

So Gregg, how are you going to build this winter, Hmmmmmm?

:roll:

Here is my first shot.

I cut 1/4" off the bottom of the tank, and sanded/rounded the bottom

There is a dimple on the end of the tank, that was done quite by accident, but it looks perfect. It makes the tank fit down over the frame better.

The seat will also get lowered.

The handle bars have been shortened, but did it after shot this pic.

P1010493.jpg

Well I happened by the hobby section of my local Wally world a couple of weeks ago and whats this ? New motorcycle kits from Revell ? Maybe I should build one up for the Cape Cod show in a couple of weeks , yeah thats what I'll do .

Well Steve how did it come out ?

You know that there are two different kits and that there are two different versions of each kit ? Well halfway thru the build-up I thought (a dangerous thing) what the heck I might as well build both versions so back to Wally world I went.......

So here it is the night before the show and I'm putting the final touches on the FOURTH ONE . I don't know what happened it's all kinda fuzzy but I HAD to build all the versions .

Does anyone know if they are planning any more ? , not that I would start building them in the next ten minutes or anything . If you get the impression I like these kits , your right . Something like this has been long overdue . PLEASE make the parts on any new releases interchangeable with these kits and they will absolutely fly off the shelves .

My next project is figuring out how to post pics on the web

Well take care and see you around the clubhouse ,

Steve D.

The next two in the series, I believe, are called the "Torch" and the "Bone Daddy."

I think they may have changed the names to Gambler and Fireball to be released in October,or maybe they are the additional 2 Greg was refering to. According to Gregg, there will be a total or 6 kits(Crusader, aces wild, "fireball, "gambler" and 2 more? I'm getting confused and excited at the same time. Can't wait for the official announcement from "RCHTA" in a couple weeks.

There are six altogether

We have the Crusador and Aces Wild

The next two are Bone Daddy (maroon) and Torch (yellow) and the last two for a November ship will be the Gambler (green) and Fire Ball (black)

Chopper.jpg

This is from the October issue, which is due out now

This is an part of a complete article on the new Choppers.

Can I enter this ? I got 1 in the works already? Dont want to jump on anyones topic with pics unless its ok to join in !

But of COURSE you can join!!!

It's a build off and anyone can participate. 'course, I gotta get my bike posted.... "Hey Gregg, give me back my camera!"