Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jeepster full hardtop, convertible roof & boot anyone?

Jeepster parts  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see these available in resin???

• Full hardtop only
    • Convertible top, boot & close-out panel
    • All of them!

I would like to thank Carl (falcon wagon) for lending me the valuable MPC Jeepster full hardtop pieces for Alan @ Ma's resin to reproduce!

Here's what it looks like mocked up...

IMG_22092.jpg

IMG_22102.jpg

IMG_22082.jpg

and the convertible top & closeout panel from my kit...

IMG_22112.jpg

boot & close-out panel:

IMG_22122.jpg

These parts will fit any reissue of the MPC Jeepster/Commando, even the "bullnose" :D

Ok, I say ALL OF THE ABOVE!!! Ohh, ohh, ohh... my wallet's going to hate me... This is one of my favorite vehicles... Look at my avatar, my 'Forum Persona'... Anything Willy's Overland or Old-Jeep related and you have my undivided attention!!! :D

Not many people like the "bullnose" 72-up Commandos Dave!

I've talked to Alan about doing the front clip of the 67-71 Jeepster, as the bodies are the same from the cowl back, except for the tailgate.

Now to find a salvage body so I don't have to harvest the front fenders from mine... :P

Your are welcome glad to help, I like the convertible top & closeout panel look.

Carl

I would like to thank Carl (falcon wagon) for lending me the valuable MPC Jeepster full hardtop pieces for Alan @ Ma's resin to reproduce!

Here's what it looks like mocked up...

IMG_22092.jpg

IMG_22102.jpg

IMG_22082.jpg

and the convertible top & closeout panel from my kit...

IMG_22112.jpg

boot & close-out panel:

IMG_22122.jpg

These parts will fit any reissue of the MPC Jeepster/Commando, even the "bullnose" :(

• 1 month later...

Not many people like the "bullnose" 72-up Commandos Dave!

I've talked to Alan about doing the front clip of the 67-71 Jeepster, as the bodies are the same from the cowl back, except for the tailgate.

Now to find a salvage body so I don't have to harvest the front fenders from mine... :)

commandocomparo5.jpgIf they would repop the hood you can use cj fenders to convert the "bullnose" version. The second one in from the front is one I converted that way.

If they would repop the hood you can use cj fenders to convert the "bullnose" version. The second one in from the front is one I converted that way.

Thanks Vernon!

I did look at my old MPC CJ-5, but the fenders looked a bit different to me (I do think they are the same on the 1:1s, pre-76 anyway), I'll take a closer look...I'd much rather cut the CJ up than the Jeepster :)

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

OK, the wait is over for the Jeepster hardtop! B)

Alan's got 'em ready to order. Not sure if the convertible parts are reproduced as of yet, but I've got the four hardtop parts in hand (as always GREAT quality from Ma's resin) & they will make a great addition to any Jeepster/Commando ;) If you've seen the price of the original issues that included these parts (only two had the hardtop) lately on eBay, you'll know that this is a welcome set in the aftermarket.

As a bonus if you've got the newest reissue from Stevens International, it's got all of the "glass" necessary for the hardtop, and the liftgate handle is on the chrome tree!

I don't think Alan has his Fotki site updated yet, but contact him for price and any other questions.

http://public.fotki.com/cnaind/

And again a BIG thanks to Carl for the rare parts to reproduce from!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I am after the '60's &'70's Jeepster Hood and Hardtop , ragtop . I enquired and this is what I found . I posted this , you could bump if you want this stuff :P ;

Yes, Alan @ Ma's resin has these in production now. Not sure if the convertible parts are ready for sale yet, but the hardtop parts are for sure. No hood available as of now, but I thought about having an entire front clip reproduced by Alan of the 67-71 body style.

Please post in the thread to bump it so everyone can see it again, and give your opinion about a hood or front clip, also send Alan a message with any questions and/or ordering info.

I am not so sure I want the front clip . Too many Irons in the fire to scratch build the original (1973 JEEP Wagoneer) .

I sure hope I did this right to make this bump worthy .... Thanx ..

• 3 months later...

Does anybody know? Has this Alan of Ma's Resin truely offered these Jeepster tops? When I've gone to his fotki page I have not found them. In fact, looking at his fotki page I'm confused on what he's selling, or how to contact him. I'll buy the hardtop (wagon top) as soon as I can find out how.

Does anybody know? Has this Alan of Ma's Resin truely offered these Jeepster tops? When I've gone to his fotki page I have not found them. In fact, looking at his fotki page I'm confused on what he's selling, or how to contact him. I'll buy the hardtop (wagon top) as soon as I can find out how.

Yes Robert, they ARE available from Alan, his Fotki site leaves a bit to be desired ;) I don't think he's got these listed on there yet. Drop him a line here:

cnaind@ptd.net

Who makes the reissue on stevens international.

$(KGrHqJHJEUFBf,U,vuGBQbKEK(,H!~~60_57.J

These have been out of production for awhile now Joe, but are readily available for around $20 from eBay, Jeep specialty mail order sites, and model show and online vendors.

I got lucky before grafting 2 pickup tops together to make a sedan/Long roof for my rebuilt

72 Annual/Hombre bash Fire Department build and found an incomplete 72 Annual that

had a complete Long roof, etc.

I would like a couple more for another re-issue kit I have, plus I too would love to have the clip, etc for the

earlier versions.

I have a 68 Annual that was built Custom. I need the stock grill, etc to put it on the restoration stack.

The Convertible Boot & Up top would be nice to have for it too.

Me too , I have a glue bomb without a hood and Rear bumper . The Bumper , I can go on with life if I must . Not so the hood . I'm not about the year . It has the V/6 Kaiser Jeep bought from GM . Then fixed the issues caused by the Corporate Bean Counters at the General . It resulted in a reliable Power plant as

Originally planned . It is a shame GM had to make it such a POS IMHO . Typical GM thoughtfulness and

Modis Opperandi though . Can a Pig change it's eating habits ?

This also had the Jungle outfit complete with Guns . "Bang , bang , shoot , shoot" ; to quote the

Beatles . A platform seat attached to the front bumper and another in the back . No Back Seat . I could

use one of those too . Thanx ..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...