Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi enters into the 1/24th scale semi scene

I was browsing HLJ earlier an came across this. I'm very curious as to how this comes out, Imagine having this loaded up with a bunch of 240 z's or vintage skylines. The price seems a bit high but it is a tractor and trailer so we will have to see how that works out. Anyone have any pictures of it yet other than the artist rendering.

That's the Order Stop price, it was like $74 on pre-order (I know, I have one pre-ordered). This is actually an older 1980s Mitsuwa tooling, Mitsuwa now being out of the model kit business, or at least the "large" 1:24 scale end of things. This was tooled as just the tractor, then a dump body was added, then the car hauler trailer was tooled, and the tractor and dump truck version were subjected to that interesting Japanese Show Truck treatment with all the chrome wings and spoilers and lights.

$74 is frankly a bargain at twice the price, I've seen the trailer ALONE sell for $140. The entire combination usually sells for right around $200. Not just listed for that price, but actually SOLD.

Search around on Google for Mitsuwa Mitsubishi and you can find built examples of all of the kits - such as this one

f39t49p123n4.jpg

Unlike a lot of Japanese truck kits the cab is one piece, it has an engine and chassis details as well.

Edited by niteowl7710

$74 is frankly a bargain at twice the price, I've seen the trailer ALONE sell for $140. The entire combination usually sells for right around $200. Not just listed for that price, but actually SOLD.

I'd have to agree there- that's a solid bargain for the tractor and trailer. The amount you spent on the trailer load might be a bit more considerable- it's so easy for me to picture that trailer loaded down with some '70's and '80's Skylines...

In fact there was also a Hino version. Mitsuwa had plans for a Isuzu and a Nissan Diesel as well. They never made it to a model. I do not no if the moulds are made.... The dump truck was, as mentioned, available as a "art-dump-truck" I own one of these and it is a rare thing. I bought it in Japan for over ten years ago. The cab is completely chroom and there are several badges of transparent colored 'lights'

Hessel

Artdump12-vi.jpg

Edited by Hessel Hemstra

• 1 month later...

Should anyone care to take a break from debating the curvature of Ford pickup windows for 30 seconds, this kit was finally released on Friday (the 18th). Fujimi made a few minor tweaks to de-motorize and de-electrify the kit from it's origins, and from the photos I've seen of the runners did some housekeeping in general on the tool (or it was well cared for over the years). Even the metal "diamond tread" on.the trailer decking is molded open.

It's a big heavy box and can only be shipped EMS (or FedEx if you use HLJ) for the tune of $40. FedEx is a volume over weight thing so it only adds like $17 to a giant order I have pending. Still at $100 delivered it's a third what the originals sell for...or they did before Friday.

Like full of Rocket Bunnys :lol:

How many trailer could you fill alone Jonathan? Three or four? :P All joking aside it would be cool to get the ROG transporter and load it up with some dealer room ready FRS/BRZ kits, to save some time you could even apply the protective wraps over things like the bumper, wind shield, ect.

How many trailer could you fill alone Jonathan? Three or four? :P All joking aside it would be cool to get the ROG transporter and load it up with some dealer room ready FRS/BRZ kits, to save some time you could even apply the protective wraps over things like the bumper, wind shield, ect.

I am not sure , it depends, but probably three/four , five if I build the last of my 86 stash :lol: , that is a neat idea.

• 1 month later...