Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC 1/20th Ford Van to be reissued..

Rob Hall

• 1 month later...

1/20 scale kits do not sell......(not counting Tamiya F1 kits which are in their own world)

I'd not be surprised if it was canceled of deferred for a long while.

Retooled into the Ironside kit....maybe it could sell....but that's a lot of $$$$ to return it.....unless

all the tooling is in the mold blocked off.

But, They modified the body from a full window van to cargo/panel side before this issue.

So, Even IF all the Ironside parts are there, it would take a Lot to restore the body to Window van configuration

I have built 2 of these. a 72 (or so) annual (molded in white & black)

and the Ironside (molded white & blue)

I would Lov e to see the Ironside kit or a Stock Annual re-issued, But Doubt it do to the modifications done.

I am surprised to see the Stock grill in the pictures, as at least 2 of the last issues had a Custom Only

grill option.

were they in different section of the molds??

Edited by Edsel-Dan

But, They modified the body from a full window van to cargo/panel side before this issue.

So, Even IF all the Ironside parts are there, it would take a Lot to restore the body to Window van configuration

I have built 2 of these. a 72 (or so) annual (molded in white & black)

and the Ironside (molded white & blue)

I would Lov e to see the Ironside kit or a Stock Annual re-issued, But Doubt it do to the modifications done.

I am surprised to see the Stock grill in the pictures, as at least 2 of the last issues had a Custom Only

grill option.

were they in different section of the molds??

Yes....called inserts. Easy to swap for some parts.

I'd be happy with a cargo / panel body if the stock and 2X4 parts are restored / unblocked :) .

Sent Round 2 a note about the van and this is what i got back:

Jesse, it's still on! We had to work out some tooling issues. Should be available in December.

Thanks for your interest,

John Greczula
Model Kit Development Director
Round 2, LLC
4073 Meghan Beeler Court
South Bend, IN 46628
Edited by Daddyfink

Sent Round 2 a note about the van and this is what i got back:

Jesse, it's still on! We had to work out some tooling issues. Should be available in December.

Thanks for your interest,

John Greczula

Model Kit Development Director

Round 2, LLC

4073 Meghan Beeler Court

South Bend, IN 46628

Good news.

Scott

• 4 weeks later...

Great news to hear.I would love to see the Ironsides van, but want to build the 4x4 version first.I had a big truck version when I was 13 years old . can't remember, but I believe it was Revell.it was a larger scale custom van.it had asm chevrolet in it.but it was fun.would love to see it out again.

• 1 month later...