Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real or Model #130 FINISHED!

Real or model?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Real or model?

Hokay Harry, Let's get back to bidnizz wif my beloved RoM! You gettin tabe the BEST thing an this forum!(Well Ok, your RoM has ALWAYS been the best thang (to me) on this forum) We gotta passle O' MEAN doggies jus awaitin fer tha answer, so, HIT us Kahuna, HIT US!!!!! (I hope your well rested,also!)biggrin.gifwink.gif

Picking the right angle for the quiz is quite important! From this angle the scale of the metallic flakes would clearly have skewed the votes towards "model" :lol:

Exactly! And in the photo of the wheel you can clearly see that the panel lines are only inscribed, they're not real joints.

Man, that had me fooled! Incredible build. any idea who built it and what kit it is?

Kit? KIT? We don't need no stinkin' kit!!! :lol:

It's scratchbuilt, no kit involved. And I can't tell you who built it, because I don't want to give away my sources. :lol: After all, I have to find a photo to try and fool you guys every week!

Kit? KIT? We don't need no stinkin' kit!!! :lol:

It's scratchbuilt, no kit involved.

While it's stretching the truth to think that they are "kits", considering that they are done in very small serial production, each model they make isn't scratchbuilt. Somewhere there is a master & molds for everything on these models. These models aren't meant for "us", they're built to specification for collectors who pay staggering prices for them...staggering prices to us, but not the people who can afford exotic cars. One of these models costs less than a 15,000 mile service on one of the real cars ;)

While it's stretching the truth to think that they are "kits", considering that they are done in very small serial production, each model they make isn't scratchbuilt. Somewhere there is a master & molds for everything on these models. These models aren't meant for "us", they're built to specification for collectors who pay staggering prices for them...staggering prices to us, but not the people who can afford exotic cars. One of these models costs less than a 15,000 mile service on one of the real cars :D

Right, they are "mass produced" to an extent, but the originals, the masters, are all created from scratch and from raw materials. The "original" is completely scratchbuilt, no kit or ready-made parts are used.

Now ya better get up Harry....The MARINES are onto you!!!!

Mike-O the MARINES never left, only deployed! Harry, ya got Da Sarge callin ya out Homie, I'd get with the program If I was YOU!!!! An YEAH, we back up an ready ta motivate!!! WooF!!!!! Wat it gom beez like Kahuna? Hit us Daddy-O HIT US!!!!laugh.gifwink.gif

Morning Mike, George!!!