Model Cars Magazine Forum

2013 Cannonball Run CBP

Nick Winter

oha,...if i see your progress guys, i am a "small light" with my curbside Buick. Hm, think, i will enter with a second one, when this is done.

So, i was a little busy last time, but i've done a little progress. the paintjob (spraycans) is done:

CIMG130402_018.jpg

CIMG130402_019.jpg

Not a big thing similar to your work.

More will come up, if i have done the BMF-job and the clear cote.

Go on buddies!

Edited by Dominik

Yeah the paint jobs so far have been out of this world. Is this a cross country race or a Sema show? lolz

Either way I'll have to up my game if I want to keep up with you guys.

The paint on that Wildcat looks beautiful Dominik, those 2 colors go perfectly with each other.

Edited by TFchronos

Here's some more process from me, been hard working on it lately with my allergies. Anyway this is a quick run down of my progress over the past weeks.

Starting with the bracing for the frame, I think it will be enough to handle the engines. I'm not planning them to be 800hp each, more like 250 to 300hp so my fuel mileage doesn't completely suck.

Post6Pic2_zpse6389c26.jpg

Next on the list is a custom fuel tank for greater range.

Post8Pic2_zps02c292c2.jpg

Post8Pic3_zpsf75f14f7.jpg

And lastly I've recently got the floor board done.

Post9Pic2_zpsd541991f.jpg

In a nutshell that's what I've been doing this past month. Now I'm onto working on the body to get it to where I can do a full fledged mock up to see what the beast really looks like.

Edit: Fixing the ever persistent typo lolz.

Edited by TFchronos

Buddies....great work at all! compared to you, i am a smaaaaaall light with my lousy built :mellow: ...hm.

But, i had a good run last weekend and did some work on three kits at the same time. sure i will get other old stuff from my bench for new ideas.

So, what happened? I did in fast four hours the "BMF"-job...

CIMG130421_046.jpg

...completed the interieur with nothing special (only a rollbar and boom-boom) and finished the clear cote:

CIMG130421_049.jpg

There you see the small speakers to drown out the engine when i press behind you (because of your fabulous work buddies!)

After three days of drying the paint, i completed the Buick. Here a preview, more in the galerie:

CIMG130424_051.jpg

My conclusion? Short built for a shiny car. I renounced decals like a racecar - the colours are more a undertaker in a "illegal streetrace from coast to coast".

I promise improvement for the next built. Just wait for parts and then i start up with a new CB. Pure racecar - i swear ;)

Now the Rules Rules:

[...]

3.) On December 1, 2013 I will start a new thread in the "Under Glass" section for everyone to post their finished entry's, you must post their to be included in the voting.

[...]

oh....i see...i read...so i will wait ;)

Edited by Dominik

Hmm right now i fear the Asp , as a truly fast car that looks great .Dominick that Buick is sooooo sweet looking a real cruiser and with the system in the back just right . And that El Camino is making me wish for my 1;1 to be alive again . Maybe i will dig a 68 out as a support vehicle for the monte. No real progress yet the frame is painted and about it for now.

But a whole lot of talent is here this year so .... keep up the work Y'all and to the starting line in Dec.

Michael