Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

My score from the show today in Anniston, AL

The 2 semi kits in the bottom left are a Sealed Revell of Germany Ferrari kit and a open but sealed Italeri Subaru World Rally Team kit. The WRX is a Tamiya car included in the kit.

The bottom Right is a Tamiya 1/12 Renult.

13344203133_10fa8b14b7_c.jpg
DSCN0004 by jrherald420, on Flickr

13344203593_d817928d1e_c.jpg
DSCN0003 by jrherald420, on Flickr

James, that guy you got the big Renault from was just too easy wasn't he !! I'm the one that bought most all the other f1 kits from him and he tried to sell me that one but I was outa $$ LOL

You should have waited longer to buy!!!! . All the Tamiya cars that he had ended up being marked down for 6.00 each and the Revell/ Monogram stuff was 5.00. He tried to sell me the 1/12 for 60.00, then 55.00, then 50.00, i walked away and came back an hour later and got it for 45.00. I talked to him several times and he told me that he had all ready made him money back on the collection he had bought and kept alot so everything he made that day was all extra cash. I almost made him an offer on everything he had left but i spent a good bit of cash that day.

Edited by jrherald420

The kits I got from him started at $10 and by the end of the day was down to $6 also. I had him down to $45 on the Renault also, but Steve had me some items held under his table and still had to go pay him and I couldn't cut it any closer. Some great buys all around that day though !! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Galaxie and a Caddy. Vent windows are broken on caddy, from eBay,seller didn't mention and angle of picture you couldn't tell. Contacted seller and they offered refund,don't know if it's worth sending back. Especially if I have to pay shipping. Though I wouldn't have paid $50 knowing they were broke.

240486AE-787F-49EF-B641-3223FD7816C5.jpg

Always wanted one or two of these.

40AEA92B-B2B0-4F98-B968-C74781080980.jpg

62 galaxie vert

ADB0FB44-9625-4DE9-B0DF-0C94C270AC2C.jpg

96CD13D6-06F3-449E-BA13-16A2EAC39CD5.jpg

Johan snap Caddy

896520C8-6A56-4C2D-89D4-04EE5BF48BC3.jpg

Edited by Greg Cullinan

Galaxie and a Caddy. Vent windows are broken on caddy, from eBay,seller didn't mention and angle of picture you couldn't tell. Contacted seller and they offered refund,don't know if it's worth sending back. Especially if I have to pay shipping. Though I wouldn't have paid $50 knowing they were broke.

Can the Caddy vent windows be fixed? I have never fixed any. I like the johan snap caddy but I never find one I can afford. always wanted one...

240486AE-787F-49EF-B641-3223FD7816C5.jpg

Always wanted one or two of these.

40AEA92B-B2B0-4F98-B968-C74781080980.jpg

62 galaxie vert

ADB0FB44-9625-4DE9-B0DF-0C94C270AC2C.jpg

96CD13D6-06F3-449E-BA13-16A2EAC39CD5.jpg

Johan snap Caddy

896520C8-6A56-4C2D-89D4-04EE5BF48BC3.jpg

Greg, that's one of the reasons why I'll always pass on an EBAY item if I can't see EVERY side of the car from every angle. Some sellers avoid showing pictures of damaged or warped areas of a car, which is stupid because they'll usually have to take it back and refund your money if that's what you decide. Yes you'd be out the return postage, but fortunately vent window posts are a relatively easy fix although you'd rather not have to go through that..

Can the Caddy vent windows be fixed? I have never fixed any. I like the johan snap caddy but I never find one I can afford. always wanted one...

As Rich said it is an easy fix and it gets covered in foil but if I'd have known I would've bid accordingly. Maybe $40 tops. Think the snap ran me under $30,just have to be persistent. There's a buy it now over there for $90,crazy times we live in.

Greg, that's one of the reasons why I'll always pass on an EBAY item if I can't see EVERY side of the car from every angle. Some sellers avoid showing pictures of damaged or warped areas of a car, which is stupid because they'll usually have to take it back and refund your money if that's what you decide. Yes you'd be out the return postage, but fortunately vent window posts are a relatively easy fix although you'd rather not have to go through that..

I agree,the more pictures the better. I think this particular seller models aren't their forte. So I made them aware and hopefully it will help them and others with future model auctions.

Spend quite a bit of time on ebay and it seem to be an trend the recent months to part out vintage kits and

sell part by part. Anyone else noticed?

I'm happy with that - when the starting prices are reasonable. If an original part I need bids up past the Modelhaus price I'll let it go (unless Modelhaus doesn't make the part). I'll have pieces from four different '61 Continentals in my convertible when it's done.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

I fell into some good luck..."!"!

My buddy, Mark, who owns my local HS

(Niagara Central Hobbies)

Decided to reno 2 Apts. above the store..

to offset the lack in sales,.... smart man

...so ya hardwood,.. laundry in each,.new kitch`s in both,....drywall thruout,..

paint ,... trim etc etc.

Every time I walk out I buy somethin

IMG_3894800x600_zps4e7011ce.jpg

and give his money back

AAaaagh ... this won`t make me any money!!!

...but I still love that store

Edited by Belugawrx

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...