Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Yesterday I got the AMT "Little Gasser" show car and the "Lil Mixer". I dont think Im going to build them though. i built the Little gasser when I was a kid and havent seen many of them. I do see the Lil Mixer, but I still think Im just gonna set on them. I also got the Super Dune Zinger the other day and its almost done. I have the new JEEP on its way....

$_57.JPG

The eBay truck dropped this off today! A bit OT but cool and to give you all an idea of other things I collect. This is a postcard that was actually carried by the Graf Zeppelin Hindenburg in 1929. It originated at the air station in Lakehurst, NJ and went to England by way of Friedrichshafen, Germany. It was back stamped upon arrival there, A very cool piece of history that was actually there! I just love holding history in my hands. I was very surprised to win it at the $9.99 opening bid. Folks were sleeping, these usually sell for much more!

I used to hate the look of them, but this thing has really grown on me! its a real turd so I wont be getting any speeding tickets but its incredibly reliable and the mileage is great so there's a lot to Luv :)

They weren't meant to be street scorchers. Just dependable little trucks. I liked the look of them and the Isuzu P'UP it's based on

$_57.JPG

The eBay truck dropped this off today! A bit OT but cool and to give you all an idea of other things I collect. This is a postcard that was actually carried by the Graf Zeppelin Hindenburg in 1929. It originated at the air station in Lakehurst, NJ and went to England by way of Friedrichshafen, Germany. It was back stamped upon arrival there, A very cool piece of history that was actually there! I just love holding history in my hands. I was very surprised to win it at the $9.99 opening bid. Folks were sleeping, these usually sell for much more!

Very neat, Tom.

I like your WABC logo for the look-of-the-month, too. The old radio logos were cool.

Charlie Larkin

This beauty arrived on Monday. Super clean builtup '58 Bonneville. No skirts, louvers, fins, etc., ever! The aerials and mirrors (only one mirror remaining) were glued on without drilling holes in the body!

Not cheap, but reasonable, "buy-it-now" from ebay. Photos from the listing...

post-1305-0-93820200-1396619727_thumb.jp

post-1305-0-09928100-1396619751_thumb.jp

post-1305-0-71740600-1396619775_thumb.jp

post-1305-0-86292000-1396619791_thumb.jp

post-1305-0-80524400-1396619807_thumb.jp

Well its kinda model related.......the wife and i got pre-approved for a 98,000.00 first time home buyer loan. Finally!!! I built houses for a living up in till 4 years ago, i have built around 120-160 houses, 500-600 apartments, done countless remodels, built hundreds of decks, laid hundred of thousands of feet of hardwood floors and tile.........all for somebody else!!!!! Thanks for the practice guys, now i get to do it for myself for once!!!!

Well its kinda model related.......the wife and i got pre-approved for a 98,000.00 first time home buyer loan. Finally!!! I built houses for a living up in till 4 years ago, i have built around 120-160 houses, 500-600 apartments, done countless remodels, built hundreds of decks, laid hundred of thousands of feet of hardwood floors and tile.........all for somebody else!!!!! Thanks for the practice guys, now i get to do it for myself for once!!!!

Congratulations. What area are you going to buy?

These arrived today. Non are built and are complete. The bad,the Eldorado have bad decals,the Fury broken piece of windsheild

frame top,but the posts are straight and nice,i would assume it to be easy to fix the missing piece.

001-8.jpg

Very cool! There's nothing like the peace of mind of owning your own home. No landlord, nobody can ever tell you the lease is up. And if you're a home builder, you can find a home that needs some work and put some sweat equity into it!

was

That IS a great piece of history. And $.53 to airmail that in 1929. That wasn't cheap.

Later-

You are right. I was thinking about that after I posted. In 1929 first class letter mail was two cents! An airmail letter went for five cents. The official rate for a post card to go from Lakehurst to Friedrichshafen was 35 cents, the rest must have been the postage to take it from there to England.

Here's an interesting article... http://www.wingnet.org/rtw/RTW001J.HTM

Got an Iwata HP-C Plus and a set of quick connect fittings for all my airbrushes. Wow, the Iwata is awesome, did a quick test with some Scale Finishes paint and it sprays like a dream.

Also, I would recommended the quick connect fittings, one hose fits all (Iwata and Badger) and easily swap between airbrushes.

Not Model related.... but I got the Plates for my 1:1 63 Nova 2door Hardtop today! ( no pics of car as it is still in storage, and pieces) Nova translates to "does not go" or "No go" ........ Its motivated by a 450hp 383 Stroker , soon to receive a Weiand 142 blower :) plate seemed fitting

IMG_1360_zps22709045.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...