Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 Chevy 2 outlaw updates 02/10/13

tyrone

Thanks again fellas for all the nice comments... While I'm gonna be waiting a few days to mess with the 57, I decided to go ahead and stretch the rear wheel openings.. I've also been working on the cage, and I have opened up the doors ... thanks for looking and comments welcome...

001-1.jpg

008.jpg

nice job on that stretch! filled in your caps real nice. that is the same place i did mine, but i wiped out the body molding when i sanded it down. be careful. i know cut ABOVE the bodyline and have a little more area to sans in without screwing up that line. stretching that wheelwell looks killer when done right.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks fellas.. for the kind words,, I appreciate it... Rick I have not decided on a paint color yet.. I'm leaning towards carbs and nos for the engine... I thought about a fuel injected engine also... we'll se... I got the inner door skins made up tonight and I also added some more bars to the trunk area...just threw an old engine in from the parts box for mock ups... thanks for looking and comments welcome...

004-4.jpg

005-4.jpg

006-4.jpg

010-3.jpg

playing with some scoop ideas wiith a hood from an older build...

012-3.jpg

013-4.jpg

Edited by tyrone

I might have a new favorite Tyrone build. The gaps on the doors are your best, I think. They look very tight. I also like the skins and the extensions from the chassis to support the body. Super nice work Tyrone. Keep it up Bro. I wish I could have caught up with you in Atlanta. I arrived later than I wanted also. I only had about an hour to look at the sights. It was like going to a museum for an hour. You just can't cover all that ground in an hour.

Thanks everyone for all the nice comments and interest in this build I really appreciate it... I got some work on this one today.. I tried a mock up with the rear glass from the kit installed and the thickness of the glass was causing the back of the car to sit too high .. the glass was resting on the bars that extend out into the trunk... So I used a very thin piece of styrene and glued it to the inside for the glasses I make out of clear styrene to rest on and also did the front windshield, and the doors and quaters... I added dirt modeler dzus fastener brackets to the front end.. and I also went ahead and got the headers made up ... thanks for looking and comments welcome....

004-4-1.jpg

002-2-1.jpg

005-4-1.jpg

I also got the steering shaft mounted,

007-3-1.jpg

Edited by tyrone

Thanks Bill... I've modified the front upper strut mounts and made some coil springs.. I also got the chassis painted and added some carbon fiber decals to the rear tubbs... more to come, and thanks for looking and comments welcome....

before...

002-2-1.jpg

after.. still not complete.. but here's a quicy mock up....

013.jpg

014.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg