Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi Gordon,thou hast done a very nice job of scrscht built on the wrecker.J would just like to see the picture of the original truck Withe ,beacause i find illogical two axles also Advanced to the weght of the motor,It is not used for the load of the truck.

Alain.

Whoa, this this looks like a torture machine! It also reminds me of that wrecker they used in Terminator 4. I think it was a Freightliner FLC or FLD conventional. (not the black cabover from T2...) Or even something that's out of Mad Max! Pretty cool truck you have there!!

Edited by BigBad

this project started with a re build using an old kit, I scratchbuilt the holmes gear and intended to use the AMT body work, but changed my mind and scratchbuilt the body too, the cab was altered with revel pete heavy duty front wings and a bro wrecker bumper, but during some internet research I found a photo of an autocar run by George Logan towing, so decided to make a sort of copy of that truck

http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws.com/image/bmp/57b16c497360366dce20e653c073d6edfaea6023.bmp

Edited by foundationsedge

sorry about the quality of some of the photo,s, hope the build makes sense, it took about 6 months on and off to complete, started just after Christmas and completed in june, for a comp, but was unplaced, theres also a sister truck to this that's still a work in progress, will post up pics soon