Model Cars Magazine Forum

Police, Fire, Rescue CBP

Janne Herajärvi

Janne, the set I used is long out of production, but if I recall the "Gotham City" police car and the "TJ Hooker" police version of the venerable '78 Dodge Monaco has some white "POLICE" decals.

Check www.policecarmodels.com look in the decal section. There may be generic marking sets there.

G

Check www.policecarmodels.com look in the decal section.

G

That i was thinking too. Orginally these decals for NYPD car are ordered from there, but when i was making my order i didnt realize that sheet is missing some minor details. Well now im wiser and make order maybe in next week. Its maybe the best place to getting some Police stuff in scale.

Here we have chassis on wheels. Some minor weathering and rear shocks and its complete then ;)

Chassis010-vi.jpg

Chassis007-vi949.jpg

Oh and I LOVE look of that blue in sun shine. B)

Chassis005-vi347.jpg

Cheers...

Those Bill Bozo decal illustrate the problem I've always had when someone tries to make a sheet that covers all the options, but only goes half way about it. It includes proper District markings for all 8 Districts, and goes so far as to include the S.O.D. (Special Operations Division) markings for the K-9 units. But the roof and car numbers are only accurate for a 2nd District car (or a 1st or 8th D cars if you scramble them). I know it eats up decal sheet space, but come ON, live a little and include enough numbers to do all the cars the rest of the sheet offers.

*off soap box*

The only Expedition of that body style I've ever personally laid eyes on in D.C. is this S.O.D. Mounted Unit.

cnpca7626-vi.jpg

Those Bill Bozo decal illustrate the problem I've always had when someone tries to make a sheet that covers all the options, but only goes half way about it. It includes proper District markings for all 8 Districts, and goes so far as to include the S.O.D. (Special Operations Division) markings for the K-9 units. But the roof and car numbers are only accurate for a 2nd District car (or a 1st or 8th D cars if you scramble them). I know it eats up decal sheet space, but come ON, live a little and include enough numbers to do all the cars the rest of the sheet offers.

*off soap box*

The only Expedition of that body style I've ever personally laid eyes on in D.C. is this S.O.D. Mounted Unit.

James, thanks for your help.

I only found these pictures on the net.

Expedition

Expedition

I'll do it again. :angry::P

FEWDC002-vi.jpg

Pali

What i know there was not SS Impalas used by LAPD, correct me if im wrong. So i decited to build this like it could been some kind of promotional car for LAPD. Interior is not going to have much cop stuff becouse Caprice takes them all. Ill show chassis later but here is my wheel choice for Impala.

Wheels003-vi.jpg

:)

Janne, LAPD used at least one Impala SS as a "recruitment car" or DARE car. It visited schools to promote the PD. It was traditional black and white, with 18" or 20" chrome wheels.

G

I was just going to mention the DARE cars that they've had.

BTW I'm nearly done, Just been tinkering along.

Nick

Janne, LAPD used at least one Impala SS as a "recruitment car" or DARE car. It visited schools to promote the PD. It was traditional black and white, with 18" or 20" chrome wheels.

G

After about a half an hour of staring at LAPD cars searching in Bing, guess what I found a picture of!

lapd.jpg

What do expect from a PD that also has this sitting around.

MX10ToniFoti2-531x398.jpg

I was also looking at the pics on the National Police Car Archives, ran by our very own James Duff (niteowl7710), and found this interesting D.A.R.E. Caprice. It's not LAPD, but I think it's still cool!

cnpca1141-vi.jpg

cnpca1141a-vi.jpg

Thanks to James for putting together such a wonderful reference site, it's always my first stop for police car references! :D In case you might not have it in your favorites list, here is a link to the home page. Check it out!

Nation Police Car Archives

Well Interior's Done for a Civillian Model, but I'm not building a Civillian model so I still need to install my scratchbuilt lights and my modified kit radio/scanner.

FILE0456.jpg

FILE0457.jpg

FILE0454.jpg

FILE0455.jpg

Nick

BTW: in the pictures the seats look shinny, but in person there not, maybe it's my great photography skills :lol:

Looks good Nick.

Here's a first time mockup of the car. I went with the chrome grill and blingy wheels as the car is used for publicity purposes. Same reason I left the computer out, not needed in a show car.

DSCF3172.jpg

DSCF3175.jpg

DSCF3176.jpg

I like the look, and how the thing went together now. B)

Up to this point I was ready to put it in the box and say bye bye. I'm not a fan of this kit. Stupid instructions, poor choices in regards to clear pieces, and flash on most parts.

I may or may not build the other in my stash.

G

Edited by AgentG

i was on the forum a while ago when i saw a pro street version of the DOH monaco

when i saw this kit at the local hobby lobby i was reminded of a special little mill i have that will be perfect for this project

i wont be able to get started for 2 more weeks but count me in with a shameless copy of that build under the motto "beter good gejat dan slecht bedacht' (its better to steal something good then come up with something bad)