Model Cars Magazine Forum

replicating tires??

hey guys,

i was just wondering if anyone here knows someone or can offer their services to replicate tires? preferably in flexible black resin or rubber. the tires in question are from the aoshima. they are the stretch walled tires. like the ones pictured below. now, im not asking for 1 set, this will be several sets. atleast 10 sets of 4 tires. there are 2 different sizes, one narrow and one wide.

now before anyone asks

did you try to contact aoshima about this?

yes i did contact aoshima to see if they would be willing sell them seperately. NO is the answer i got from them.

are they for resale?

NO they are not. i just have more wheel sets that i would like to use these type of tires. if the person that makes them for me wishes to sell them, then i would give his/hers info. with their permission of course.

any help will be greatly appreciated thanks

b.jpg

Luis, Ma's Resin is owned by one of our members here. Alan Raab, to be exact. He DOES do custom orders for folks and he PROBABLY could do yours too. Only thing is, he's just one man, and he DOES have a real job. Try contacting him personally at;

cnaind@ptd.net or at http//public.fotki.com/cnaind Tell him what your looking for, and hopefully he CAN fit your order in. He IS a very busy guy and it MIGHT take some time to get them, BUT IF he does it for you, you WILL be pleasantly surprised! caz muh Cuzzin AL's one of THE BEST!!! hope this helps!:D:blink:;)

• 2 months later...

i sent some out to MA's/alan. gonna take some time, but ill have extra sets.

low, if you decide to make these tires. i would but a several sets of the front narrow tires. :unsure:

dragg, yup, they can get expensive. but like everthing else, you gotta pay to play..