Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Mustang Trans Kit?

Is there a 1969 trans kit available for the 1/24 scale Revell 1970 Mustang?

I actually just need the front clip (light buckets and grill).

I don't think there is.

With MPC, AMT, and Revell all having done 1/25 scale '69 Mustangs, I think most people have gone that route instead of converting the 1/24 Monogram '70.

AMT made a TRUE 1/25th scale 69 and 70 Mustang, Revell did also. The MPC 69/70 mustangs were actually 1/27th scale or 26th, I don't remember, but they ARE smaller than 25th scale! Missing Link USED to sell both the 69 and 70. I THINK I bought Kevin's last 70, but he MAY still have a 69 left. You need to contact him to make sure. But they match my original AMT 69/70 bodies perfectly. Hth.:( :( :(

There needs to be a modern-standard '71 Mustang kit done some day. Neither of those old annuals is particularly good.

Heck, I'd be happy if they just fixed that annoying pig-nose grille on the existing '70 kit! There must be something tough to duplicate about the '69/'70 Mustang nose in scale- except those rare old AMT kits, they're ALL wrong, even those pricey Danbury die casts.

Okay - here's some info for the resin casters out there. A new diecast is now available from Unique Replicas - a 1969 Trans-Am Mustang. There are 5 or 6 in the series, and they're about $50 each. The BIG news is that they're 1/24 scale! Now, if we could get a resin caster out there to at least cast the front clip, we would have an appropriate 1969 nose for the 70 Revell kit.