Model Cars Magazine Forum

The only experience I have with R&R is from almost 20 years ago. Then, the product quality was very good, and he was easily reached by phone.

With that said, seems to be (from reading others experiences here) that is not the case anymore (both quality and service-wise). Others will chime in I am sure.

I've had mixed experiences w/ R&R over the last 10 years or so...bought direct from him at shows years ago and on web...some of it good quality, some not so much, some needs a lot of cleanup. In the last 5 years I've reliably bought a few R&R pieces from an ebay seller 'mightymouse'.

The R&R kits that I've personally dealt with have been pretty low quality but usable if you want to put in the work. I'm told that some of their stuff is better than what I've seen but it's a gamble. Anyway, they have an extensive line and sometimes their kit is the only one available of the subject. Resin Realm carries lots of R&R stuff - maybe the full line.

http://www.resinrealm.net/

Gotta order R&R stuff from Steve Kohler over at Resin Realm. HE is the only guy Ray Parsons deals with. His stuff is KINDA hit an miss. I NEVER buy from him UNLESS I can see WHAT it is. His casting is kinda crude compared to folks like Motor City Resins, Missing Link, or the Modelhaus. IF HE is the ONLY one who has what you want, then you'll HAVE to deal with him, but if theres a BETTER model of what you want, I'd go THAT route. I've NEVER had an R&R kit that DIDN'T need some work to put together. They ARE buildable, but you GOTTA work at it. Hope this helps.B):P

Gotta order R&R stuff from Steve Kohler over at Resin Realm. HE is the only guy Ray Parsons deals with. His stuff is KINDA hit an miss. I NEVER buy from him UNLESS I can see WHAT it is. His casting is kinda crude compared to folks like Motor City Resins, Missing Link, or the Modelhaus. IF HE is the ONLY one who has what you want, then you'll HAVE to deal with him, but if theres a BETTER model of what you want, I'd go THAT route. I've NEVER had an R&R kit that DIDN'T need some work to put together. They ARE buildable, but you GOTTA work at it. Hope this helps.B):P

Ok thanks for the info ive talked to Steve and i ve looked at some pictures of castings and some of them look like they need a lot of work but hes the only person who has what i want so ill just have to make do.

Ok thanks for the info ive talked to Steve and i ve looked at some pictures of castings and some of them look like they need a lot of work but hes the only person who has what i want so ill just have to make do.

I was one of the last people to deal with Ray directly . Things don't get easier as we age . Steve Kohler is the man . Thanx ..

:rolleyes: Hi I just want to add if you want R&R resin kits the only place to go is Steve at Star models.I have got kits from him for the last 9 years and it is as problem free as you can get.Ya some of the kits need lots of work but we are modelers and that should not be a problem and all his kits have the chrome and glass and Steve is a great guy to work with.Thanks Rick.

WORST R&R kit I have built was the '67 Galaxie. Wheelbase was all wrong, chassis and interior tub needed a LOT of trimming to get the chassis plate up into the body, and no underhood detail to speak off (not a big deal, as I built this one curbside). This one didn't need any reshaping or body repair (except for a self-induced issue with the rear quarter panel after the first primer coat), but be advised, some of them don't fall together as easily as others! :rolleyes:

8955EA15-vi.jpg