Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jungle Jim vega flopper.Body painted

Here is a start on my newest kit,I swear I have to stay away from my LHS,as it has about the same strength as a black hole for sucking the money out of my wallet! Anyway,I have lower the stance of the car by using the excellent instructions by Wayne Stevens Jr.Here is how it's looking.

Cheers,

Ron.

DSCF0511.jpg

DSCF0513.jpg

DSCF0514.jpg

Edited by microboyca

George, there's a fellow member here named 1320Wayne who created an instructional PDF on everything you need to do to the Revell 'early' digger-style funnycar frame to lower the body and give it a more realistic stance. PM him, and I'm sure he'd be glad to share his methods with you.

OK what's going on with the front fenders and headlight eyebrows? What is that (reddish orange stuff?) Could you give me the 1:1 wheelbase dimension of the model?

Thanks in advance,

Bill

Hey Bill,the red stuff is good old Automotive spot putty to fill some of the gaps and the wheelbase is 5 inches.Cheers,

Ron.

Thanks for the info on the putty. Do you use the stuff that takes no hardener? I think it's Bondo 930? Also thanks for the wheelbase dimensons.

Hey Bill,you are welcome.As far as the putty goes it is air drying so no hardener and I looked up Bondo 930 and that stuff cures with UV light so it is not the same.The stuff I use is more like Bondo 907 just plain air dry spot and glaze putty.Cheers,

Ron.

Love those old funny cars and yours is no exception. Any idea what color?

Thanks guys and I'll be painting it pearl blue.I have got most of the body work done so will be laying on the paint soon.I have most of the smaller parts and sub assemblies painted so it should start to come together very soon.Thanks for looking.

Ron.

DSCF0587.jpg

DSCF0588.jpg

DSCF0589.jpg

DSCF0590.jpg

DSCF0591.jpg

DSCF0595.jpg

DSCF0597.jpg

Edited by microboyca

Hello all,

I have plumbed up the engine fuel lines and ignition wires.The lines are a bit out of scale,but I just used what I had on hand and the LHS does not carry any scale line material.Ignition wires are from Detail Master.This kit is a real bear to assemble,I don't think any part can be assembled without having to modify or replace it! :angry: Probably will be OK once finished though.Thanks for looking.

Ron.

DSCF0606.jpg

DSCF0605.jpg

DSCF0604.jpg

DSCF0601.jpg

DSCF0600.jpg

Thanks Aaron,and here is the body painted with Rustoleum bright coat base,Alclad II Candy Electric Blue,And Tamiya pearl clear for the top coat.While I wait for this to cure I will carry on with finishing the chassis.Cheers,thanks for looking.

Ron.

DSCF0614.jpg

DSCF0613.jpg

DSCF0612.jpg

DSCF0611.jpg

DSCF0610.jpg

DSCF0607.jpg

DSCF0608.jpg