Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello from Ohio

Welcome aboard. I'm an Ohio native, from Steubenville and the hills of Tuscarawas County (near Gnadenhutten) originally....lived in Kent and the Stow area (Kent State, '88 and '92) before moving to Michigan in '94. Still go back once-twice a year to visit family. So green and humid back there, enjoy my visits.

Speaking of my past modeling experiences w/ models and Ohio, my first 1/25th scale glue kits came from a Mr Wiggs store in Steubenville in 1977. Also remember getting kits at Harts and Rinks stores in New Philadelphia in the late '70s-early '80s.

Thats even closer to home!!! I was born and raised in Weirton. Do you remember Mausblacks hobby shop along Sunset Blvd?? spent ALOT of lawnmowing money in there!!!

When I think of Ohio and model cars I think of $4 Jo-Han kits at the Clines 5&10 in New Matamoras, Ohio, right down the road from Newport and Marietta.

Nice to see some familiar Ohio town names on here.

Yeah. I wish we had a closer dedicated hobby shop closer than Bridgport. There might be some small ones in Parkersburgh, but by the time i make time to go look, they have gone out. :(

High Octane! I'm the cop...lol......., well the recently retired one. Bismarck, I was in your state a couple years ago

and the people there are awesome. Was down by Bengals stadium. I went to a class for becoming lie detector examiner, loved it. Anyway welcome to the forum from Arkansas.....

Thanks for the welcome!! I'm not Law Enforcement, but I am former military. Spent afew tours in LPC's(Leather shod Personel carriers).

Welcome Kevin. I am a neighbor to the North (Cleveland) don't hold that against me.lol.

I like coming to C town to look into the local hooy shops. Do you think there is ever a chance that they would turn the old IX center into a huge hobby shop?? :)

I like coming to C town to look into the local hooy shops. Do you think there is ever a chance that they would turn the old IX center into a huge hobby shop?? :)

They did last year for the I-hobby show, but that is going back to Illinois. But we do have quite a few hobby shops, I have 3 within 30 mins of my house. there are 3 about 50 mins west, 4 shops 50 mins south, and have never been east, since they closed the HobbyTown. There is an interesting one, It is in an old five and dime store called Ben Franklin, in Amherst Ohio, (50 mins west of me). It is like going back to the 1940's. Old school kits galore.

Yeah. I wish we had a closer dedicated hobby shop closer than Bridgport. There might be some small ones in Parkersburgh, but by the time i make time to go look, they have gone out. :(

Theres also Crafts 2000 , and even the wally world there in Vienna has a model section to...

Thats even closer to home!!! I was born and raised in Weirton. Do you remember Mausblacks hobby shop along Sunset Blvd?? spent ALOT of lawnmowing money in there!!!

I don't remember that place, but I was pretty little when I lived in Steubenville..was 11 when I last lived there in '82. But I do remember Sunset Blvd--my elementary school was on it and I lived in a neighborhood just off of Sunset across from the school.

Edited by Rob Hall

Theres also Crafts 2000 , and even the wally world there in Vienna has a model section to...

I was just there earlier this evening. Their stock is going more toward diecast kits. While nice in they're own way, not really my cup of tea. Does Wally World still carry kits? Been awhile since I've seen any in Marietta.

I was just there earlier this evening. Their stock is going more toward diecast kits. While nice in they're own way, not really my cup of tea. Does Wally World still carry kits? Been awhile since I've seen any in Marietta.

The one in Vienna does...but here in Marietta doesnt...Weird Eh? :blink::lol:

• 2 weeks later...