Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jonathan, have you tried Andy's Hobbies on 59th Ave & Greenway? He has a pretty good selection of kits and supplies.

Yes I have been there, the only down side, if I am needing something less the $10 , I better make sure i have cash, which I never do .

I dont remember how is price's are though

Theres a new Hobby Town in Snobbs dale , those of us from my model cub get a 20% discount there, but thats a long drive to save 20% when it will cost probably 30% in gas :lol:

Edited by martinfan5

Andy's prices are usually high retail, but he occasionally flips a car or truck kit onto his clearance rack for a fair~to~decent discount. He offers no club discounts except military modelers (IPMS), but he always has a very good selection and gets new releases as quickly as anybody around.

And, by the way, your club discount at the HobbyTown is 25%.

Best place in town to get kits is at our club meetings ... or ... the quarterly swap meet at the Postal Workers Social Hall ... next one is only three weeks away! {Sept 29, for those in Rio Linda.}

B)

PS: Shout out to AZ Boy! Hey, Aaron! Don't be a stranger. :)

Andy's prices are usually high retail, but he occasionally flips a car or truck kit onto his clearance rack for a fair~to~decent discount. He offers no club discounts except military modelers (IPMS), but he always has a very good selection and gets new releases as quickly as anybody around.

And, by the way, your club discount at the HobbyTown is 25%.

Best place in town to get kits is at our club meetings ... or ... the quarterly swap meet at the Postal Workers Social Hall ... next one is only three weeks away! {Sept 29, for those in Rio Linda.}

B)

PS: Shout out to AZ Boy! Hey, Aaron! Don't be a stranger. :)

Well 25% is better, I need to take a drive there one day and use it.

But Dan is right, the best place is the meetings or the swap meets, I am saving up my pennys so I can buy a lot at the swap meet this month :lol:

Better practice with it before the end of the year. A little birdy told me next year's discount won't be quite as generous as it currently is.

{Of course, any discount is better than any of the other outlets ... }

:huh:

Did you shoot that little birdie or give the little birdie the middle birdie for delivery some bad news :lol:

But , you are right, any discount is better then a swift kick in the butt :lol:

Is it me or are HL prices going up. Still love the coupon though

Yes, they have gone up but with the 40% coupon, a $25 kit is only $15, not too bad a deal. Remember if you have a smartphone, you don't need to have the printed coupon with you, just use the browser on your phone and you are set.