Model Cars Magazine Forum

class of 2009

diymirage

well, like i said, the prospects of actually getting some more work done on any of the five models currently under my bench are slim to none

with the wife being pregnant and me finishing up the basement and all

on top of that i have been lasting Christmass music for the last 2 weeks now so i guess its time

so...here is my class of 2009

acura RSX type-S with front and rear engine

i build this car as my entry into the drift car build off and even though i havent 100% finishied it (still needs an exhaust) and i havent gotten the full picture shoot done yet but i decided to include her anyway

IMG00118-20090816-0017.jpg

IMG00119-20090816-0017.jpg

IMG00004-20090610-0605.jpg

IMG00002-20090610-0034.jpg

also included in the first two picture is thunder alley, the second diorama i ever build :lol:

next up, 1979 pontiac firebird trans-am

this was BY FAR the worst kit i ever build, even worse then the dodge L-700

i bought the kit of ebay and it was also mising the taillights and the decals

but i got her somewhat done

IMG00057-20090711-1635.jpg

IMG00059-20090711-1636.jpg

IMG00060-20090711-1637.jpg

this one is much better, the revell challenger, cant go wrong with this kit

the paint job was inspired by a camaro i saw on here

it was my first "tricky" paintjob

i used some sections of an old screendoor to tape the scales off

somewhere along the lines i lost the taillight lenses and so i had to paint them on

IMG00093-20090808-2203.jpg

IMG00094-20090808-2204.jpg

IMG00095-20090808-2204.jpg

IMG00096-20090808-2205.jpg

and finally the 53 ford F100 with matching trailer

some of the custom touches are the grille, flathead V8, stacks from the dodge lil red truck bullet nerfs, rear roll pan, custom 2 tone paint, custom tailgate my very first tub job and my state of the art experimental 1inch sparkplugs wires

and matching mopar ralleys on both the truck and trailer

IMG00033-20090620-2113.jpg

IMG00037-20090620-2117.jpg

IMG00039-20090620-2120.jpg

IMG00025-20090616-1923.jpg

IMG00035-20090620-2116.jpg

the garage shown in the background is my very first diorama

i still have to ad a ton of detail but its getting there

(one day i might even put the lift in)

dio2.jpg

nice rides, all the forums been slow even ive been slacking playing call of duty mw2. you should rebuild that trans am though but thats just me

i would if i thought it would make it better but the kit is a complete junker

i mean, you can see the gap in the driver side inner fender, without major plastic surgery there is no hope

also, i build it as a present for my father in low so the TA is no longer in my posesion

The Acura looks good, as do the rest of them. That is one BIG garage.

thanks, i did a lot of custom work on it but i'm pretty pleased the way it came out :rolleyes:

the garage is only about 2 by 2 by 2 foot but all the cars are in 1/24 scale so it looks a lot bigger ;)

i still need to ad a ton more of stuff to it, including a closed roll up door ;)

i would if i thought it would make it better but the kit is a complete junker

i mean, you can see the gap in the driver side inner fender, without major plastic surgery there is no hope

also, i build it as a present for my father in low so the TA is no longer in my posesion

thanks, i did a lot of custom work on it but i'm pretty pleased the way it came out :rolleyes:

the garage is only about 2 by 2 by 2 foot but all the cars are in 1/24 scale so it looks a lot bigger ;)

i still need to ad a ton more of stuff to it, including a closed roll up door ;)

You should make a FUNCTIONAL door. ;)

Edited by grimreaper

You should make a FUNCTIONAL door. B)

that is an excelent idea but it is the model equivelant of dividing by 0

if i make a functional door i will need to also make something that is behind that door, like an alley or a parking lot

and then i would have to make a front to the building to showcase cars driving from said alley/parking lot into the garage

so i figured ill just make a closed door so it doesnt look like the cars were just airdropped in to the garage :rolleyes:

I likw your work here but oddly enough the things that most got my attention were the trailer and the two post lift. A lift is something you don't often see in dioramas. What you've built here is a great place to photograph your cars & trucks. It makes a good background that makes the cars more real.

Gary

I likw your work here but oddly enough the things that most got my attention were the trailer and the two post lift. A lift is something you don't often see in dioramas. What you've built here is a great place to photograph your cars & trucks. It makes a good background that makes the cars more real.

Gary

the lift actually came with the garage set i bought and was going to build as a diorama

but when i opened the box it turned out the floor space would only be about one sqaure foot so i designed the garage around the tools from the set :)

the trailer was part of a kit i got from the wifey a while ago and it is usually displayed in the living room (im only allowed one kit on display so untill i build my semi with 6 car hauler the ford pickup with trailer and a car on there is a good cheat)

i always ad it to the garage for shoots as background clutter :rolleyes: