Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Thunderbolt One" Blazer Monster truck FINISHED

Finally finished with my other competitor of the ford truck

"Lightning Larry" (whoever that is) Monster truck Blazer

Enjoy Larry should be proud i'm happy with the final results with the extra detailing

I thought the look of flipping the headers around and notching out the nose of the hood to exit the exhaust out the front like flares nostrils was a neat touch......

comments welcome

101_7135_zps56248fca.jpg

101_7133_zpsf848442b.jpg

101_7125_zpse814e4a1.jpg

101_7122_zps74d2ea7b.jpg

101_7124_zps879fe88d.jpg

101_7120_zps02eb3b74.jpg

101_7119_zpsf71b3f2f.jpg

Again thank you, used to live in NC for a couple years......

don't think it mattered which way you put the springs, it has to do with the chassis and the fact of the LONG box perhaps?

doubt the wheel travel would ever be enough to have any effect on that?..... i'm no 4x4 expert though

Trying to scoop up the thunderbolt II blazer only seen it on flea bay but the prices are rediculous!!

Yep. Thunderbolt's right front tire is on backwards.

Theres a funny story to that........

I got the kit as a junk kit at a flea market, the thunderbolt was partially started missing glass front window frame crushed and of course one of the axles the wheel mount was broke off one sise and one of the wheel/ tires was m.i.a. so i originally built the truck with only 3 wheels as a "tripod"

another mcm member set me up with a new tractor tire, but they are apparently directional and i had the wrong way, had to use it tho so one tire is really slinging mud while the other tires are diggin in LOL :lol: