Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dale Earnhardt #3 Goodwrench Aerocoupe

Hey guys, I just picked up my '88 Aerocoupe and I'm excited to build a detailed tribute to one of the coolest cars to turn a lap in NASCAR. Does anyone know what happened to the 1:1 car or where I can find pics of it? My Google search keeps turning up Die-Cast replicas and grainy youtube videos that don't show me enough detail.

Any help is apreciated!

Thanks,

Steve

Hi John, The RCR page is the first place I tried. Not a whole lot of pictures are available online of this specific car. Probably because they want to change admision to the museum instead of posting pictures of all of the content. It's a good resource for current race teams though.

No problem Steve, there are companies out there that have the old pictures of stock cars.You proably come across some old magazine of stock cars.I know when i move from jersey to Florida i will passing through North Carolina.I am proably going to stop at the RCR museum and take pictures there.If the 88 Monte Carlo is there I will take picture from the car and send them to you.

John

Edited by Johnny1973

Hi John, I'm kicking myself now for discarding all of my old NASCAR mags. With Jonathan's sugestion, I found this link: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v115/Thundercracker/RCR%20Museum%20and%20Race%20Shop/Aerocoupe%20MC%20SS/?start=20

It's basically all of the close up shots that I was hoping to find. I guess whoever took these pics saw the car in person at the RCR museum. Thanks for the incredable offer to share your potential pics wiht me. By no means stop for my account. Should the opportunity be available, you should absolutely visit RCR if you have the chance (if you're into that sort of thing) :D

Thanks again!

Steve