Model Cars Magazine Forum

Motor Max 1979 Chrysler T&c Wagon

gasman

picked this die cast up today and I have to say its not bad. its got some of usual diecast issues (big door seems, and heavy plastic), buts its the only time this car has been released in any scale. The interiors a little shallow. but is nicely detailed. exterior wise its not bad. roof racks are way to Cromey, they need to be dulled. The only opened doors are the front driver side and passenger side. the drip rails (if thats what you call them) are a little thick and don't match with the rear doors. and then there's the wood paneling, the real downfall of this die cast. they appear to be water slide decals. but they are not layed down properly. they have bubbles in it at places. and did'nt wrap around the corners tight enough. I tried to use some Micro sol to see if it would help them, but it only cracked them even more. so i'm going to leave them alone.

I say this diecast is pretty nice. especially since its only $9.99, and the only, 1979 Chrysler Labaron Town & Country wagon diecast ever produced

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
If I Could find one for 10 to 15 bucks, I'd buy one.

haven't found it any where in my hood.

mail order is 20 bucks.

But it is an odd ball Mopar you won't find in plastic.

Keep looking and don't forget to dig through the shelf! Our local Walmart had them, but someone stuck them behind all the Pintos and Gremlins. I asked the lady in the toy department and she had no idea what I was talking about and said, they don't have them, even though she was standing less than a foot from where they were at! :lol:

I've still got mine in the box, don't want to tear into it until I'm really ready, I've got enough uncompleted projects as it is....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mopar your repaint looks awsome!!!. I found one of these at wally and the next one I find is getting the saw put to it. all I can see is Clark Grisswold's family truckster when i look at this thing on the shelf.

Hey Mopar kid , did you have any problem with the tape pulling off the woodgrain?

Hey Mopar kid , did you have any problem with the tape pulling off the woodgrain?

Not Moparkid, but I've noticed the woodgrain decal shrinking along the bottoms on the one cream colored T&C I took out of the box. I did go around the door lines, hood vents, etc with a fine tip black permanent marker and it helped its looks a lot. But it appears that the decal for the woodgrain may go bad with time, in fact, mine has degraded some already in the short period I've had it. I expect I'll have to get ready to do some wood trim painting like I did on my Revell 48 Woody or maybe with some luck, Keith Marks or someone will produce some woodgrain decals for this. Eventually I expect it'll need something done over time if these decals get looking worse, and I've got a bad feeling they will.

• 4 weeks later...
I wonder how close it is an dimentions to the old MPC Volare kits? If it's close enough maybe someone could cast one in resin with the Volare front end and tail lights ??

After a Volare wagon was done it wouldn't be to hard to modify it again to a 4dr.sedan [ say maybe a police cruiser??]

I, too, have entertained ideas about a Volare wagon. I owned a '77 with a 318 in it, and mine had the woody vinyl trim.

Eeewwww. The proportions are seriously wonky on this diecast. Some of you are quite crafty and could probably turn this one around with a little effort, but wow, who'd they hire to design these?

Mike

lol no one else would step up to the plate on cars like this!