Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lesson in Stance 2: Dirty Daisy(no longer will be updated)

Lownslow

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not familiar enough with working on diecast models to know what is being changed or modified and to what end.

...it looks like modifying a $120,000 supercar into something lethally undriveable on anything but flat straight roads... ;-P

bestest,

M.

Frank, I always love your work so don't take this as a bash, but in my opinion heavy camber just doesn't work in scale. The tire just won't squash down enough to look realistic. I am seriously looking forward to your paint work though.

Frank, I always love your work so don't take this as a bash, but in my opinion heavy camber just doesn't work in scale. The tire just won't squash down enough to look realistic. I am seriously looking forward to your paint work though.

nothing a dremel cant fix ive been getting into the habit of putting flat spots on tires

Dang! Been wanting to get one of those..

A 4dr Porsche that does everything the 2dr can do :D

Mirrors give ya a wee bit of hassle? Looks broken.

Nuttin ya can't fix, Eh?

Wheels look great on it..

Can't wait to see this one Under Glass.. B)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i have to take it to work the die grinder will do a better job of removing the material in the wheel wells

6R9zB.jpg

i used a different putty stronger and easier to clean up than tamiya its called fixit sculpt its about 10 bucks comes in 2 tins.

QgD9n.jpg

next up sideskirts

78Ab7.jpg

going to have to cut the lower valance cause i need to build the sideskirts into the rear

LoqPw.jpg

I hope he's making a funny...

Yeah, I'd like to know what this is about. Jim Crow laws = official oppression against African-Americans, and unless someone deleted a post we haven't seen, I don't get it.

Edited by sjordan2

Yeah, I'd like to know what this is about. Jim Crow laws = official oppression against African-Americans, and unless someone deleted a post we haven't seen, I don't get it.

His reference to "Jim Crow" laws is that diecasts are "segregated" into their own category, and he doesn't like it that way. Since modifying diecasts is very different than modifying plastic kits, we decided that a separate diecast section makes sense... both to accommodate the diecast builders and collectors who are forum members, and to avoid "offending" those people who think that diecasts aren't legitimate scale models.

He doesn't like the fact that we have a diecast section and that his thread was moved there. It all falls under the category of "You can't please everyone" or "No matter what we do, there will always be someone who's going to complain about it."

If he's offended in some way that we have a diecast section, and that his diecast modification thread was moved to the diecast section, and so now he's going to stop posting on the thread to show us all how unhappy he is about that, well... that's his call.

Thanks for clearing that up Harry, I had no idea who the heck Jim Crow was :blink:

If he gets upset over that and wants to take his toys home, fine ..... although I like what he's doing to the car and would like to see the finish of it.

Thank you for the Diecast section!