Model Cars Magazine Forum

What is your dream model kit?

What I really want is a well proportioned casting of a orange traffic cone - yea - the one used to usher traffic away from danger and used to mark Autocross courses.

Try looking at your LHS R/C section

Team Losi 1" Course Cones (25.4mm) (12)

They are 2ft in 1/24

losb1106.jpg

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_25_1451_1333/products_id/165198/n/Team-Losi-1-Course-Cones-254mm-12

LosiPolicecones2.jpg

Edited by Zukiholic

Some classic Brit cars please. Jaguar XJ12 coupe, Rover 3.5 coupe, Triumph 2.5 PI Saloon, Aston Martin V8 (any Aston) Triumph TR5 or 6 (prefer 5!) More Grand Prix cars from the same ilk as Tamiya Lotus 25 and Honda RA-272, how about BRM, Cooper, etc.

Oh, and a 1/12 scale full detail Triumph GT6 MkIII just for me lol.

I'll get me coat !!

I guess I'm pretty lucky because there's a lot of subjects I'm interested in that have been done recently and done well by Revell. However, if Revell would tool these up I'd go broke stocking up.

Modern tool '67-'68 Camaro

Modern tool '67-'72 GM pickups

Late model GM, Ford and Dodge pickups/duallies

• 1 month later...

How about the 71-76 GM fullsize cars? They constitute the most significant gap in American model kit history. All we ever got are the Chevies and a handful of resins. The real cars went down in history as the largest mass produced cars ever.

Off the top of my head, four kits I'd kill for would be:

A 1/24 Cat D11R dozer with full engine and driveline detail.

A 1/24 or 1/25 Cozad detachable gooseneck lowboy with a jeep and a stinger (this is the setup used by Bill Signs to haul D11R dozers)

A 1/24 Cat scraper (pan) with full engine and driveline detail. and last but not least, a totally modern, 53' reefer trailer with spread, air ride, tool boxes, the option of having the whole thing chrome plated.

I have to stop, I'm drooling now!

Mark- would you be willing to take a 2-in-1 Zephyr so us rep-stock guys have a shot, too? Those are pretty cars and I would personally buy at least one or two of them if I could build it stock. I personally would love to see more Art Deco cars, such as a Chrysler or DeSoto Airflow, sharknose Graham, or a late 1930s Chrysler product of a slightly more conventional design.

Christian- I agree, more the 1970s G.M. B/C/D-bodies would be welcomed. I'd buy at least one of whatever gets issued.

Charlie Larkin

I've seen lots of great suggestions on here...here's mine

other than these

Aussie V8 Supercars

I'd like to see an all-new tooling of this:

Ford_Anglia_00021449.jpg

perhaps followed by a Thames and Prefect - along the lines of Revell's '40 Willys series (vintage gasser/modern street rod kits)

and a newly tooled version of this:

1964_Ford_Galaxy_500_Fastback_Hardtop_352_V8_Automatic_Passenger_Side_1.jpg

ideally, with the parts included to model something along the lines of this:

26853980728_large.jpg

and this:

417577826_bea09e1876.jpg