Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone here play guitar?

Rush was the first band I had ever seen play live Back in 78. I think, It cost me a whopping $7 a ticket and well worth it.I play Bass guitar and not one Rush song.Good, but not that good.I like the 2112 album the best.My band leans towards the Heavey Metal side of life.lol

I played professionally for a tad over 16 years. I have buttloards of gear and have not picked up a guitar in 3 months.

BUT, I have a guitar being painted even as we speak and if the right gear comes along and the price is right I'll buy it. This is classic guitar players syndrome I'm told.

I can play pretty much anything I hear except for Allan Holdsworth's stuff. That cheeky little monkey is a genius.

I tend to play more on the Metal side as well. Since that is where the challenges seem to lie for me. Jazz is cool, but the chords aggravate me. The blues? has been done, although I can honestly say the same old pentatonic scales can be played originally by the right guy. I am not that guy however.

I tend to see the fretboard modally and in a minor type of way. That's the way I'm wired thse days. When I play, if I play.

Bob

I own two Dean Z's from the '80s... back then, Dean Zielinski hired me to create some custom artwork and they made decals from my art and applied them to the guitar bodies. They were sold as a line of "custom artwork" guitars.

That was a looooong time ago! I don't even know if Dean Guitars is still in business! But I still have those two Dean Z's. They're actually "pre-production" prototypes. Hmmmmm... wonder what they would fetch on ebay? ;)

BTW... back then Dean was married to a Playboy Playmate. True! I remember meeting her, but I don't remember her name. But I do remember that she was, uh... quite attractive... ;)

Amazing story Harry, and WOW how much those guitars are probably worth. I assume they sit in their cases and don't get touched?

I remeber those guitars and they appear on FleaBay now and again for premiums.

Old school [read 80's] Deans are extremely well made and highly desirable guitars.

VERY cool story.

Bob

Amazing story Harry, and WOW how much those guitars are probably worth. I assume they sit in their cases and don't get touched?

I remeber those guitars and they appear on FleaBay now and again for premiums.

Old school [read 80's] Deans are extremely well made and highly desirable guitars.

VERY cool story.

Bob

Thanks, Bob! Yeah, I don't think I'd ever try and sell them. Too many memories... ;)

I play bass and a little bit of guitar. I also do digital multitrack recording. I try to write my own songs and I sometimes record remixes and re-arranged covers.

This is the only thing I have on-line that I feel good about sharing. It's a cover of a Nine Inch Nails song called Piggy that I recorded quite a few years ago.

http://remix.nin.com/play/mix?id=19986

Yes,I play guitar..electric mostly.I have ESP M1 and some 700 hundred series Ibanez s.I work in sound concerts now and have for years.I know how to play alot of Scorpions,J.P. lots of music like that.i love music.if I was on a Island....lost I would need music to keep me going.Thanks,Chris